“Welcome To The Land Of Confusion.”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #5 of 69 Restaurants in Effingham
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I don't know where to start with this place and I have eaten at a lot of them. This one by far is the worst managed I have ever been to. Sunday morning, they are taking names as you walk in the door. Then they call your name. Then you meet the seating hostess by the counter and she takes you into the seating area and....OOOOPS, table isn't ready yet. So we stood there and watched people eat until they cleaned the table and feeling stupid the entire time. I thought, "Well, that was just a mistake and it happened to us." Nope, my wife and I noticed it happed to next 3 groups brought in. Waitress, clueless, hardly listened to word we had to say, screwed up the order, forgot toast, creamer, actually had 3 different people wait on our table, no one was on the same sheet of music, the dining room supervisor asked us how everything was. My wife pointed out about 8 things that went wrong. She apologized, of course I think she was clueless as well, Don't say you're sorry unless you mean it and get your ship upright. Very unorganized and clearly mismanaged for a Cracker Barrel. If you're traveling on 57, either stop at one before of after this one. Either that or go when it is absolutely not busy. I was embarrassed for this place. Then again, I don't think they read these reviews anyway so who cares. Won't make this mistake again.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Our waitress tried hard, smiled a lot and did a pretty good job, restaurant was clean and the food was just what we ordered

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Staff were very friendly- we just stopped to shop. They had some great sales and the cutest outfits (buy one get one) and cute Easter things.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

We arrived moments before they closed the door. Not another car in the parking lot. They were helpful in serving us after we'd driven all day and needed food. They were not able to make a couple of our original requests but did their best to make us happy. My elderly father with Parkinson's lost his balance and almost fell. The waitress was quick on her feet and assisted in helping me keep him from falling. We even browsed the gift shop while waiting and bought some items. Never feeling pressure to hurry. The food was delicious and I had not been impressed with Cracker Barrel in the past. I will support them again.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Cracker Barrel restaurants are pretty consistent, so stopping at any location is not going to be an unpleasant surprise. The food is wholesome and the service is usually good. That was the case with our breakfast stop here in Effingham. The restaurant was quiet for 9 am on a Friday, but that was good for us. Service was fast and the French Toast was excellent. They have a big sign, but a tough location to find.