“Catch up with friend.”

Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Farnsfield
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great food service and friendly staff.veggie platter yummy.gluten free option also great sticky toffee pudding gluten free as good as last year when we visited. Well be back soon.

2  Thank Kath S

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Really wanted to like this place as we live so close, but unfortunately won’t be back.

Menu was great lots to choose from, pricing seemed about average. Decor was kitch, fun and interesting.

The starter was bacon, black pudding, with an egg. It was bland, wrong portion size and wasn’t a hash was more of a patty and everything was over cooked.

The mains were two burgers one chicken one beef. Bacon was cold and over cooked, chips tasted reheated and oily. The chicken burger was ok but the bun tasted cheap. The side of cheesy mash tasted exactly like smash and I couldnt taste the cheese, it was also grey. Not very appetising.

Service was quite good but was quite a while before server came and took plate from starter and this meant waiting longer than usual for the mains, even though only one other couple eating.

Sorry but have to be honest. On the plus side it was very quiet mid week and did seem very clean. Didn’t visit the loo so can’t say anything about them.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my wife always come here here with our closes of friends. Staff are friendly and always only second away when needed. The food is amazingly priced and a great selection enough to suit even the fussiest of eaters.

2  Thank Mrsirrell
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

We dropped in this place on our way back from Nottingham, it had been recommended and we just wanted a quick and easy lunch. Went in through a side door from the car park that took you past the toilets into the bar area. We asked if they were doing food, the girl at the bar just told us ‘yes, the menu is there’ pointing to it on the bar top. Nothing wrong in this, but as it was our first time visit it would be nice not to presume we were regulars, it looked like they had a restaurant section and a bar, we wouldn’t know for definite as we weren’t told and this only looked that way as we sat down and gather there was another area. Staff ought to be trained to ask if people are eating and offer ‘you can have a bar meal in this room or we have a restaurant area through...’. We weren’t told how to order, we wouldn’t have known if it was a bar service/at seat or not, we just made our own presumptions. They could’ve easily upsold some of the options but didn’t.
Key thing here is that the food was VERY good, my partner had a fish and chips and I had a fish fingers sandwich, really really tasty. Clearly seemed homemade, loved the triple cooked chips, nice to have a good wedge of lemon, mushy peas were unusual as they included normal peas as well (very nice) and a really tasty Tartare sauce. Everything seems freshly made, hot and not rushed. Highly recommend the Lion.

1  Thank MZ469
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

I was very impressed with the service & food, I need gluten free & dairy free. The waiting staff were very knowledgeable about the ingredients and the chef was happy to make something for me which was not on the menu, which was delicious. My 3 friends dining with me also commented how tasty their meals were too. The staff here are very well trained and it is easy to see that they work well as a team. I look forward to my next visit.