All reviews cookies double tree fitness center upon check shower head very nice hotel business travel easy access enjoyed my stay atrium esplanade wedding chicago butterfield il shuttle starbucks
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 February 2021

The night clerk had his mask hanging around his neck. The following morning I noticed the maintenance staff walking around the hotel and they were not wearing masks. I went to the front desk and ask why they had a sign saying it was mandatory and yet staff were not wearing masks, She had no answer. I told her that her mask was also worthless since it only covered her mouth and not her nose. She pulled it up and it fell down and she left it down. I asked for the manager and she said that she was a manager. I asked for the General Manager and she said he was not there and she did not know when he would be at the hotel. If the staff does not wear masks then how can they expect guests to wear masks, I am a gold member and soon to be platinum but I will go to the Marriott up the street where they follow the mask protocol.

Date of stay: February 2021
Nicole Venuto, Guest Services / Front Office at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2021

We thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your feedback. Our property does undergo a weekly Covid -19 test for all employees. We have also had zero positive results at our property as well. We do have some staff members with proper documentation for being unable to wear a mask for extended periods of time however when they are interacting or helping a guest their masks are on. Our property does undergo and follow proper Hilton Clean Stay protocol.

Reviewed 18 October 2020

We've stayed at this Doubletree many times. I understand that the pandemic has brought about necessary changes, but even with an apparent price decrease, the lack of services is really unacceptable. There should be a way around no breakfast and no cookies. For HHonors members or others the refrigerated kiosk should have no charge items, instead of pay for everything. There should be some substitution for the homemade cookies, even individually wrapped store bought bakery. In leu of the evening reception, drink coupons could be offered at the bar. With so few people staying, it is sometimes difficult to get your room cleaned. Housekeeping staff was one day told to not even come in. They did an excellent job when they did clean. However, when we arrived and broke the Hilton CleanStay seal there was bridal ribbon & receipts sticking out from behind the dresser. Staff is limited, but they are very friendly. Special kudos to Sharon in helping choose our terrific room. And to Yvonne, who has been kind and helpful on every visit(18 year Hilton veteran) and greeted us by name as we left and returned during the day. She's a gem!

Room tip: higher has best views. downtown Chicago visible in distance from x44
Date of stay: October 2020
3  Thank Loral H
Nicole Venuto, Guest Services / Front Office at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2020

We thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your feedback. At this time we do have limited amenities available as most hotels in our area do. We will review your feedback and do our best to come up with a solution to the requests. This Pandemic has been a learning experience for all of us as we will continue to keep the safety of our staff

Reviewed 23 September 2020

We stayed at this DoubleTree during a family wedding and couldn't have been happier with the hotel and staff. The staff members were incredibly helpful with everything from letting us check in early so we could get ready to attend the wedding, to helping when a keycard was lost.

We loved our rooms--the 2-room suite is great; it's so nice to have a door between the living room and bathroom/closet/bedroom area as well, not to mention a TV in each room. I liked the bathroom setup with the extendable magnifying mirror. The bed was extremely comfortable--wish I could have stayed longer. And everything was tastefully decorated. I also appreciated the coffeemaker and real cream. The amenities were a real treat--more items than are normally included in most hotels I have been in.

We would have loved to use the pool and fitness room, as well as to have had the included breakfast, but I understand that COVID changes those things.

Overall we had a fantastic stay. Many thanks to the staff members who did such a great job making us feel at home--this was the first time I've been in a hotel since COVID and it made me feel very comfortable. Items and rooms had been sanitized and sealed, and staff members wore masks. We also felt very comfortable in the area, and there were a number of restaurants and places nearby.

The rooms also seemed pretty well insulated. I know the wedding we were attending had an afterparty and it didn't seem like they were heard from anywhere else in the hotel. Also we had 2 rooms and I couldn't hear the TV or any other noise from the other room.

I would be happy to return to this DoubleTree next time I'm in the area!

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 30 July 2020

Booked a king suite for 2 nights with my fiance. The room was fairly clean, although I saw a piece of popcorn on the nightstand and I don't know where it came from. Some of the furniture looks worn with scratches and gouges, but still functional. The lever to switch between the tub faucet and the shower head was leaky, but did not make a mess because it drained into the tub (should probably fix or replace it before it gets worse).

The executive lounge was closed due to the pandemic, so I am not able to comment on that. I was offered to use the premium fitness center due to being a Diamond member, which was a nice offer. Housekeeping services are limited due to the pandemic, so they will only clean rooms after people check-out or are staying an extended period of time. Rooms had a seal on them to show that nobody entered them since housekeeping cleaned it, which is what Hilton is supposed to be doing in all of their properties. I did go to the front desk to request more clean towels because they only put 2 of them in the bathroom and staff delivered them to my room 10-15 minutes later.

The staff were all friendly and wearing masks with every interaction that I saw. Some of the hotel guests were not wearing masks, but there did not seem to be any requirement for it. The date I checked out was the date that Hilton was supposed to be requiring every property to enforce everyone, staff and guests, to wear masks at all times when they are indoors in public areas, so hopefully everyone will be told to wear a mask when they enter the building.

Overall, I thought this hotel was good for the price. It was fairly quiet, likely due to low occupancy. We would likely stay here again in the future.

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 17 March 2020

Our son's wedding was held at the hotel and venue. The staff was welcoming, attentive and made the entire event special. You could really tell they cared about us. I cannot say enough about how the hotel made planning easy and worked to give us a memory for a lifetime.

Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Nicole V, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2020

We are happy to hear everything meet your expectations including the hotel staff. We thank you for sharing this special day with us and hope to see you again soon!