“Hidden gem”

Sushi City
Ranked #56 of 184 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

All you can eat sushi for $20.99 I know what your thinking but don't. The food is amazing some of the best sushi I have ever had! The atmosphere is poor but focus on the food. Drink before you get there there wine list is awful. Remember don't over order you pay extra for what you don't eat.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

Went there for dinner 1/1/17 and it was busy. Didn't have to wait for a table, however it took 1 1/2 hours (that's one and one-half hours!) before we received our first "all you can eat" sushi order. We asked what was happening, they stated our next order was coming up, but 30 minutes later we just left. The food we did receive was ok, but 2 hours waiting on service is not acceptable.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

The quality is hit or miss here. They have all you can eat for $20, unlimited, any roll, any sushi, sashimi, nigiri, and a dozen types of appetizers. There are a few things I really like here. They make a Mexican roll with ponzu cilantro and jalapeno. It's very tasty. I also like the coconut shrimp app with the tropical coconut sauce. Make sure you eat everything you order. Because they will charge you extra for over ordering what you can not eat. Best tip I can offer: order small and add as you go. Also, share family style. The rolls take a long time, but apps come fast. So order a roll and apps to occupy you while you wait for the next roll.

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

They messed up our order, and rather than quickly fixing their mistake, they kept arguing among themselves in a language we don't understand, and we sat there not knowing what's going on! We are not coming back here again.

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

Sushi city is amazing! You can't be the price for all you can eat sushi. The service is great too! We eat here weekly, if it was up to me....we'd eat here everyday! Lots of speciality roll options! Salmon is my favorite....always supreme!