“Fresh fish, oysters, clams and shrimp galore!”
Review of Boston Fish Market

Boston Fish Market
Ranked #1 of 194 Restaurants in Des Plaines
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 14 August 2015

Bring your own wine, select the fish & seafood to be grilled/sauteed/panfried etc, sit on the basic refectory chairs by the basic tables, and let the good times roll...

1  Thank SrdjaTrifkovic

Reviewed 13 August 2015

Great place for a quick lunch, many fresh fish options. Huge servings, fair price.
This place also offers all their fish fresh to be cooked at home!

Reviewed 13 August 2015

The fish here is absolutely fresh. When I first walked in here, I expected to see a smelly ol' place. But, no! You couldn't even smell the fish selection when you walked in. This place gets extremely busy regardless of the day or time. The tables inside and outside are always full. Parking is a hassle (but you can park in the Aldi lot across). I love the taste of the fish, and the portions are very generous. For the quality and quantity, the prices are perfect. The po' boys and soup are amazing. The gumbo is huge! I grew up with my mother making me fish fry every week (she's from India). We've gone to places across the country and around the world, and Boston Fish Market totally tops our list.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

Boston Fish Market opened as a seafood market that also grilled and served their fare … in the same room they displayed their seafood. It was cool … nothing fancy … the tables were shared with strangers … it was open and loud … and the grilled seafood was awesome!!! Hello cool niche … watch out for popularity!

Fast forward a few years and what you have is a restaurant so popular and busy … so effected by growing pains … that their product has become horrible! We arrived about 7PM on a Saturday evening, to place our order we stood in line 80 minutes! When we finally sat down it was another 45 minutes before all our food was delivered. That’s over 2 hours waiting!

More so all our food was delivered piecemeal … where we had to ask where is this and where is that. Is there anything worse than that? Is that not the cardinal sin of restaurants?

The fact this place is inappropriately outfitted to serve the number of people it now routinely serves makes it utterly chaotic and in turn a horrible dinning option … despite the fact that the food was very well prepared and was nicely priced.

More so the fact this place “does not do substitutions on sides” when you are spending up to $70 on a plate is totally unacceptable!

So ya … if you can go to this place during off hours and you are OK with their sides, you may be in for a treat … but go there during prime time and you are in for a nightmare! No food is worth standing for 1.5 hours!

4  Thank spartanchris
Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

Not a first time and not a last. I ordered a lobster roll. It wasn't good. It was bad. First - served on pretzel roll Yes ,you hear me - the pretzel roll. The French fries very soggy probably re-fried. A lobster meat too salty. It was a waist of money. The service? I don't know. Nobody showed up after serving the food .