5,364 results
All reviews the river great location trump tower a river view room the penthouse the corner bakery within walking distance the magnificent mile large room corner room millennium park the loop valet parking would definitely stay here again michigan avenue navy pier an upgrade
Reviewed 2 May 2018

My daughter and I were in town for a conference and decided to stay here. We liked this hotel and it's proximity to Michigan Ave. and it's great views of the river. The hotel was clean. Beds weren't the most comfortable I've had but doable for a weekend stay (7 out of 10). Our room was spacious and worked for the two of us. I will have to agree on the noise level some other people have mentioned in their reviews. The hallway noise and voices carried through to our room more than I expected. So much so we could hear a gentleman in the hallway on his cell phone who was whispering 3 doors down. This hotel doesn't come with continental breakfast, however we were given vouchers to eat at the hotel restaurant upon check-in. They limit your menu choices but if you aren't really a breakfast person this might be worth it. Room service charges are steep in my opinion. Same with valet parking.
Overall we liked this hotel as it worked for our needs on this trip. I would stay here again on a high level room.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank twinmommy01
Juli C, Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Hello twinmommy01,

Thank you for your 4 bubble star of the Wyndham Grand in Chicago. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our central location to everything in Chicago and our amazing views! We do have the best views of the Chicago River.

We hope to see you again soon in the Summer.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Well placed for city visiting and we were allocated a corner room with river view that was great. But....the public areas are small and cramped, the lifts overly full and the staff we dealt with were good and efficient at process but lacked the friendly, human touch. They had little interest in us as guests and not one smiled the 3 nights/4 days we stayed - my guess is some of them were over-stretched.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank casperdoggy
Juli C, Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Hello

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront. On behalf of the hotel we do apologize for the opportunities you encountered during your stay with us. We are happy to hear to loved our view and wonderful room.
We do hope that you give us another opportunity for us to show you how Grand we are.

Juli Colon
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Great stay in Chicago however we won't ever stay at the Wyndham again. Although the hotel has a great location right on the river, its rooms, certainly ours, need better soundproofing. Our bedroom door had a 2 inch gap under, at least! We could hear every conversation, every door bang. The guests in the room next door slept in the daytime and partied through the night. We had been assured a quiet room on checking in! Not a relaxing experience for an elderly couple.

Room Tip: Hotel needs an upgrade.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank saintjoan1
Juli C, Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Hello saintjoan1,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront. On behalf of the hotel we do apologize for the opportunities you encountered during your stay with us. Please do know this is not our standard here at the hotel and we have had the issues you talked about checked with our Operations team.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

They gave me a corner room with amazing views both to the city and the river, which was great. The room was large and had pretty much everything I needed, but there was a large, two-finger-wide gap under the door so I could hear everything from the hallway, including the neighbors inside the opposite room. There was also a lot of traffic noise even though I had a high floor room. So bring earplugs and your noise cancelling headphones because if you’re a light sleeper like me, you won’t be able to sleep otherwise. Breakfast wasn’t included in my rate, which came as a surprise. Besides that, I was happy with my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, corner room
Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear ReiseReiskat,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront and sharing your experiences. We definitely have an amazing view from our rooms. Our staff is committed to deliver exceptional service during your stay. It was my pleasure to ensure your stay was wonderful. We would love to have you and your family stay with us soon!!

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Wyndham Grand for several days in preparation for a client activation. The hotel staff and front desk — especially Liz and Felicia — were exceptional. From helping me check in seamlessly, to recommending places to go nearby, I appreciated the staffs insight and knowledge of the area. Plus, the views from my room were amazing. Highly recommend!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Juli C, Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear Sabrina N,

We want to thank you for the kind words and amazing 5 star review!

It always makes us happy to know that our guest enjoyed their time spent with us away from home. We hope that you will come back and see us again very soon!

Have a wonderful day!