“Comfortable atmosphere and delicious thin crust pizza”

Pizano's Pizza in The Loop
Ranked #416 of 10,803 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed 6 August 2017

I have been coming here for 10 years and I think there is a comfort in knowing what you are going to get. The food and service is consistently good. I usually stick to the simple thin-crust cheese pizza and a nice draft beer, but have never been disappointed by other dishes I've tried. I have had almost every pizza in the city of Chicago and I keep coming back to Pizano's as my favorite thin crust.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We were short on time and needed somewhere that would seat 9 and had something for all tastes. They were able to seat us immediately by splitting us into two tables directly next to each other. There was enough on the menu for everyone. Portions were large so consider sharing. Very good service: friendly and efficient!

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We arrived around 10-10:30 pm. They serve until 2, so we thought that was plenty of time to order and eat without being a nuisance or feeling rushed. Apparently they prefer you sit at the bar at that time, the hostess greeted us and other customers with, "Would you like to sit at the bar?!" and they were cleaning the dining room.
The bartender's service was disengaged and spotty. I would've ignored that, but what happened next ruined my appetite. Two guys sat at the bar and attempted to order. "I can't understand you!" the server barked, although I could here them clearly across the bar. When they finally got through to her, she informed them that they would need to present a credit card in order to be served two beers. She didn't request that of anyone else, so, along with her general rudeness toward them, and the fact that they were black, I couldn't help but read it as racism. They informed her that they intended to pay with cash, and, after some back and forth with her, presented cash before she would finally serve them. They promptly left after their one drink, which was clearly her intention.
Witnessing that ruined my appetite... The pizza was good, but I just wanted to go at that point. Our pizza was served with our check no offer to get us another drink, so it was easy to leave after that.
This is just Lou Malnati's lite with rude service. I won't bother again.

1  Thank MillieHelper
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

This was our first stop on the Great Chicago Pizza Tour. Interesting history given about how the chain got its start. We tried both the thin crust pizza and the thick crust style. We actually liked Pizano's sausage thin crust a bit better than their thick crust. Both were good though and we would return to try other toppings. Service was very good.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Well we've had enough Chicago staples from pizza to hot dogs to popcorn mix to make an informed opinion. We choose Pizano's. The salad is as they say in America Yuge. Feeds a family. Sauce is everything and they got it right here. Pizza perfect. Chicken Parm was exactly right. If you have one Chicago pizza experience in your trip, this is it

Been to Pizano's Pizza in The Loop? Share your experiences!