“Scrumptious”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 10,734 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Magnificent Mile
Description: EDDIE V'S GUEST DRESS CODE Business casual. No hats, gym shoes, flip flops or sweat pants. Dress shorts and dress jeans are fine.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by our concierge as a great place for seafood and Tim (The James Hotel) was right on the mark. We were seated in the lounge where a 3 piece jazz ensemble entertained us. Our experienced waiter was attentive and polite. We started with a complimentary amuse bouche of a deep fried oyster, then the freshly made crab cake. We had a dozen oysters which were very good but not very well explained by the gentleman who brought them to us but they were delicious anyway. We shared the Ahi Tuna dish and the scallop dish and both were exceptionally well prepared. The sides were ok but probably unnecessary. An extravagant but wonderful meal!

Elizabeth B, Director of Sales at Eddie V's Prime Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

We are so glad that you had such a great time. I hope you will visit us again soon! Be sure and ask for me next time you are in. I would love to have a chance to meet you.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We took our daughter and her husband out for dinner. We had blue point oysters-very fresh, and the crab-fired rice as appetizers. My wife had the halibut-fabulous-and the Brussel sprouts. My daughter had the scallops--hearty and satisfying. My son-in-law and I both had the New York Strip. It was the best New York Strip I have ever had at a restaurant.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I had the Sole and Brussels sprouts. They were both great! Great bread too! Great service and drinks, nice menus!

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We were celebrating one of my family member's birthday and ended up at Eddie V's after a disappointing experience at Steak 48. It was 10 people in our party and we did not have a reservation for Eddie V's. We made it through their doors right before their kitchen closed and they were overly accommodating. They were not rushing and made us feel very welcome. Not to mention, the food was soooooo good! Please try the crab fried rice.

1  Thank Gabrielle G
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

This was on Valentine's day, my husband and I celebrated our love for one another, at this restaurant. It was crowded, so it was a slight wait to be seated, but to our surprise, it was at the very back, and very dark(with exit sign above entrance). I wasn't happy, so I asked if we could move to another table and they assisted us to a more suitable location. Our waiter was professional, pleasant, knowledgeable, and helpful with food selections. We decided to try all new selections from appetizers and ending with dessert for me only. I tried a tuna dish as a appetizer, a fruit walnut salad, then swordfish dish, and I can't remember the dessert, but I also had a Latte with it, and every food item tasted very good.Now my husband had sea bass for the first time, he didn't like it, not did he like the tuna appetizer, however, he did like my swordfish and dessert I shared with him(LOL). They did accommodate him to correct it, but he just wasn't familiar with that certain food taste. They did take care of it, very nice about the whole situation, and since I shared my food, he didn't go hungry, since he didn't want to wait to order another selection, like I informed him to. Overall we had a great time here and the service turned out to be good.

Been to Eddie V's Prime Seafood? Share your experiences!