“Fried oysters and Chilean Sea Bass to die for”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 10,734 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Magnificent Mile
Description: EDDIE V'S GUEST DRESS CODE Business casual. No hats, gym shoes, flip flops or sweat pants. Dress shorts and dress jeans are fine.
Reviewed 5 September 2017

From the moment you walk through the door, every attention is paid to ensure your comfort and satisfaction. Our party of four enjoyed several amazing appetizers to include: lobster tacos, fried oysters, lobster bisque and calamari (all great shares). The menu is a la carte. We chose the chilean sea bass and swordfish. Our side dishes included Brussel sprouts, spinach and crab fried rice (all scrumptious). Although the food was excellent, the service made it five stars! Erick, our server, was amazing!!!!! And the live musician/singer was incredible as well. A must go! Make reservations!

Elizabeth B, Manager at Eddie V's Prime Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Eddie V's staff is so appreciative of your great review of our restaurant. We are so proud and pleased that you had such a wonderful time! I will be sure and pass on your compliments to the Chef and kitchen staff as well as your server Erik! Be sure and ask for me next time you are in. I would love to have a chance to meet you!

Elizabeth Bolger

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

The wait staff was good. The corn and crab chowder was great. The lobster tacos were excellent but everything else was average to less than average. My requested rare steak was cooked medium well. The lobster claws were too tough to eat. The scallops had sand in them and we could not eat two of them. The crab was cold when served. The swordfish was dry. Overall a disappointing meal for 365 dollars.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Eddie's has become our favorite place when we want to go out for Fine Dining. Excellent with some unusual offerings on the menu weekly. Wonderful seafood, steaks. Nice ambiance. They had a nice jazz band playing this Sunday night we went. The female singer was very good. Can't go wrong with anything on their menu.
They add a nice touch if you let them know in advance you're there to celebrate a special occasion which we did this week for our anniversary. Nice decoration on the table with a personalized card from the restaurant which some small decorations and rose petals.
If you go, please ask for Andrea who we've always requested if she's working the nights we're there. Andrea is has a very outgoing personality and goes the extra mile in service. She's pleasant, always smiling, offering her personal recommendations on appetizers and main entrees. We've always gone with what she's recommended and never been disappointed. The desserts (if you still have room for them) are equally delicious. Shrimp & Oysters are excellent also.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Ok - it usually takes a LOT to compel me to give a rave review of anything but Eddie V's was FANTASTIC! Oh my gosh!!! Our waiter couldn't have been any better. The food couldn't have been any better. I enjoyed every minute. I ordered the Halibut which was prepared perfectly. The side dishes our party of 8 shared were delicious. We ordered the Au Gratin potatoes, corn and one other one. They were also delicious. They kept our water filled all the time. We even had dessert. I ordered the warm apple cobbler with ice cream and it was yummy. Very large. I recommend sharing it with someone after such a large dinner. Everyone in our group shared my opinion of this place. I have to add they had an impressive wine cooler. I've never commented on the wines in my life because we aren't drinkers but it even amazed me. Our waiter was truly shocked that we didn't order any drinks. He recovered fairly quickly and cheerfully brought us our sodas, water, etc. A huge glass-walled vault filled with racks of bottles in the center of the restaurant that went clear to the ceiling really added to the atmosphere.

1  Thank Roadrunner0826
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Everything was great. Scallops, fish, shrimp, oysters. The waiters had their hands full with a large group, but performed admirably. Definitely calls for a return visit. Soon.

1  Thank GeorgeFMarkhamON
Elizabeth B, Manager at Eddie V's Prime Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

So glad you enjoyed your dinner here. Be sure and ask for me next time you are in!

Elizabeth Bolger

Been to Eddie V's Prime Seafood? Share your experiences!