“Great local place with decent pricing”
Review of Glenn's Diner

Glenn's Diner
Ranked #342 of 10,732 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2018

We came here for lunch. Prices are very reasonable for what you get. All the fish is very fresh and tasty. We had the tuna tartare which was very good. I had the pork chop entree which was just ok, a little dry. But the portions are huge you will not go away hungry. Be sure to get the key lime pie for dessert, made in house, it's very good! It's a small place so I am sure it gets busy at dinnertime. I would recommend and come back in future.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

This restaurant is a hidden gem. If walking or driving past, it would not particularly attract one's attention, but it should. The atmosphere is casual and cozy, and the food is delicious. The menu is very big and there are so many fish dishes to choose from. The fish is fresh, tasty, and the portions are generous. Very good service too. Definitely go!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stopped for dinner. We made reservations. This was our 2nd time eating here. So we came back. The food is amazing here. The staff was great to. I would like to suggest this place to anyone who may be in town for business or vacation stop in to eat. It is worth stopping in to eat. I give this place a big A plus . This place wil be our regular eating place when we are in town. The lobster fettuccini is to die for.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This is a small seafood restaurant with a wide variety of fresh seafood. It is one of the few seafood places in town that you can get lake perch, walleye or whitefish. We tend to eat these local fish when we come here because it is super fresh and not readily available elsewhere. Restaurant gets crowded on weekends. Reservations recommended.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

I have been here before for lunch. This is one of my favorite local places for lunch. I always order their smaller luncheon portion of seafood cioppino for $14.95. Today’s seafood cioppino was just as good as last time I visted. Sandwiches range from $7 to $10. Bottled beers are $5.50 to $6.50. My total bill less gratuities for my party of three was $56.

Benjamin attended to all of our table needs. I will definitely return here, even for take-out.