“Fabulous place”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lincoln Park
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I went to Alinea and it was good place. Nice interior, professional staff and good food to dine at. Sure visit

Write a ReviewReviews (1,374)

Reviewed 2 May 2018

We found ourselves with a rare free weekend and my husband and I joked that we should check availability at Alinea, which had been on our list since seeing it on Chef's Table. Much to our surprise, there was a table available and we began planning our last minute trip to Chicago. There really are no words to adequately describe the experience. The food is everything we hoped for and more - but what truly surprised us was how engaged all of our senses were - and how much fun we had! While dining at Alinea is a splurge, it was worth it. This was not just dinner, it was an experience and one we will not soon forget.

1  Thank dbw12345
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I have been trying to get a spot at Alinea for probably three years. Finally yesterday was the day and I can only say amazing things about it. The place is AAA, the service is over the top and from the moment you sat down you know you're ready for something amazing.
My beautiful wife and I have eaten at probably 40 of the top 50 restaurants in the world and this is the only one that is up to the level of Eleven Madison Park or Gaggan. The sensory element is key and every dish is a beautiful surprise for the palette and the eyes. This was worth the wait....
Alinea is an amazing piece of gastronomical art... try to come even if it takes three years to get into the list...
Alinea is why we love food...

Reviewed 30 April 2018

WOW. This is the best word to describe the experience at Alinea. We had the small menu and the middle wine parings. I wanted to go for the middle menu, but it was fully booked.

Eating at Alinea is an experience, not a meal. And it is a great experience!

Every dish was truely great and the presentation/experience at the table was second to none. In addition the wine parring was great and the sommelier had chosen great wines with great reputation. Often I feel that the sommelier chose wines which are upcoming stars (sadly, in part to save money). This is not the case at Alinea.

Staff is awesome and they make a visit here a sepcial treat.

Would I come back? Yes. Would I recommend to my best friend? Yes. Worth the money? Yes.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Alinea is an establishment that confuses the heck out of me. From the restaurant's obscure exterior, to the outlandishly presented dishes, and the unusual fashion of presenting you the menu after you've had your meal - it is quite unorthodox yet this eccentricity seems to work quite well in creating a mysterious vibe that people seem to openly accept and welcome.

I came here with my wife and a couple of friends; we all expect a delicious meal and I believe we walked out not only having our stomachs and palates satisfied, but also our minds blown away. All dishes were spectacularly presented and had the "wow" factor. From the first dish served, you can immediately tell chef Grant Achatz has spent a lot of time planning the food and more specifically, HOW we experience the food he makes. Achatz also seems to have a knack of deceiving his customers where he deconstructs certain foods and make them into shapes of other foods. I must say it's quite interesting, entertaining and definitely makes his dishes the topic of conversation throughout our meal.

Overall, Alinea is worth going to at least once in a lifetime. My wife and I made a weekend trip to Chicago just to dine at this restaurant and we don't mind going again.

Been to Alinea? Share your experiences!