“Best thin crust pizza in Chicago! ”

Vito and Nick's Pizzeria
Ranked #527 of 10,828 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Neighbourhood: Ashburn
Neighbourhood: Ashburn
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

I've been going to Vito and Nick's since I was 10 years old and not much has changed. This is real Chicago pizza. The decor will make you feel like your in your grandmother's Southside basement. This pizza us worth the trip.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

I have been going to Vito & Nick’s for 50 years and it is consistently wonderful! Awesome thin crust pizza with plenty of toppings!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I hadn’t been to Vito and nicks in probably 15 years. It was a daily hotspot for my uncle for 30 years, so we would go with him several times a year.

Stopped in on a Sunday afternoon at 5:20 with a group of 7. Seated right away. Maybe half the tables were full. It took until 7:15 to get our 3 pizzas. I’d guess it takes about 3 minutes to prep a pizza, then about 12 to bake. The only thing I can think of that may have happened is that our whole group didn’t arrive at once, so I ordered for everyone, then they arrived 15 minutes later. And maybe the waitress didn’t want to enter the order until the whole group arrived, and then forgot? Regardless, no explanation was ever given. It was just this awkward thing when she finally brought to food. We had asked her and the bartender 2 or 3 times starting at about 45 minutes after the order was placed, and were told “it’s coming”. We watched as people who had come in well after us received their food - which was incredibly annoying.

Th pizza itself was good, but we had a baby with us and a 2-hour drive home, so we really didn’t have that kind of time to waste. I have worked in a restaurant before, and when things like this happened (waitress forgot to enter order), they would put a “rush” on the food - basically, that order jumped to the front of the line. Confused as to why, when they were made aware there was a problem, they didn’t do this?

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Best pizza in town?! I don’t think so. Ours was kind of cold, cut in a ridiculous manner... and frankly, not that good. The edges were a bit burnt, and the crust was soggy, not crisp, as a thin crust should be. The staff was very friendly and the beer was cold. Nothing stood out in flavors to make it worth the trip.
May or may not be back.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Luckily the day we went wasn't a 90 degree day, since the air conditioner wasn't working. The waitress said it had been out for 1 1/2 weeks!! Totally unacceptable. We will not be returning!! Gave it a 3 only because of the pizza.

Date of visit: July 2018