“Excellent Brunch”

The Polo Inn Bridgeport U.S.A.
Ranked #3 of 10,812 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$6 - US$55
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bridgeport
Description: Located 10-15 minutes SW of Chicago's downtown, chef-owner-innkeeper Dave Samber and his Polo Staff continue to bring you "Something different... something wonderful!" through their excellence in hospitality since 1985. Whether it's Dinner on FRI or SAT, Lunch MON-FRI, or SAT/SUN's Brunch, you can count on delicious tastes and generous portions from the kitchen, and personal service from Adam and Rob in the 1914 candy store dining room. Host an event in our attached elegant Old Eagle Room (a renovated 104-year-old picture show) for up to 100 guests, or let us cater at your location; even stay for a weekend in the handsome bed and breakfast upstairs. Reservations are recommended; parking is complimentary. Now in our 34th year, we offer our years of experience and commitment to bringing you back for more...nothing pretentious, priced right, totally Chicago!!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This restaurant is located a couple of miles from where I live.
My family had Brunch what a great breakfast. My son ordered Eggs Benedict and
they brought out a picture of the Pope and put it on the table, that was so different.
The food is always fresh and we all enjoyed our breakfast. We have eaten there several times and had take out. Excellent

1  Thank Clara O

Reviewed 22 October 2018

Hands down the best french toast I have ever had in my life. Amazing staff, great food, great prices and great portions.

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

I was excited to try TripAdvisors #1 rated(!?!?) restaurant in Chicago, but left disappointed. The service was good, the soup was good, but my main course was mediocre at best. I had the pork chop with maple pesto glaze, cooked medium. I didn’t taste a hint of maple in the glaze, and the pork chop itself was overdone, and actually tasted like it had been made earlier and then reheated.

I wouldn’t visit this place again considering how many excellent restaurants there are in Chicago.

I’vs rarely been led astray by TripAdvisor reviews. Very disappointing.

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

The experience was simply wonderful. Absolutely delicious meal in a warm and friendly atmosphere. The staff were excellent and went above and beyond to be sure the dining experience was great. The brown sugar pesto pork chop was indescribably delicious. Portions were great and the sides equally delectable. The dessert was an awesome end to this great evening. Will be back again next time we are in the area. Also stayed in the B&B which was equally charming.

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

We celebrated a family birthday at the polo inn for 25 people... Dave the owner and his staff did a great job with this event. The food was wonderful and the gospel music was fun and engaging for all of the guests! We will have more family celebrations at the polo inn.