“Good to know that there is a good pizza in the neighborhood ”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: Lincoln Park
Reviewed 2 November 2015 via mobile

Friendly people nice bar take away for us that night
Eduardo s pizza is in a convenient place near our apt
I would not take a cub or drive there
Quite usual looks, quite usual food nothing extraordinary
Good quality food

Reviewed 1 May 2015

One of the worst experience that my family and I have had at a pizza restaurant. I had family visiting from out of town, and recall that I had always gotten good pizza from Edwardos. I liked their fresh ingredients, especially their spinach, from years ago. The pizza that we had was passable, but not what it used to be. We came to the restaurant for lunch during a week day, and there was only one other table of patrons in this small, storefront version of Edwardos upon our arrival. We had a new waitress who was obviously in training. She was friendly and pleasant, but took a while to come to the table. We had to ask for water, as well as refills, as she was not very attentive. While the restaurant was empty soon after our arrival, the wait for our food took forever. We had planned a relatively quick lunch so my family could leave the city before rush hour. Unfortunately, our lunch took approximately 90 minutes from the time we arrived to the time we finished. It was clear by the regular traffic of delivery people that they had either forgotten about us or simply chose to prioritize the delivery orders. If this is how they normally treat dine-in customers, they should stick to delivery and close their storefront restaurant. We definitely will not be back to this Edwardos's location, as there are many nearby pizza restaurants with far better food and service.

Reviewed 12 November 2014

Ended up here one night when another pizzeria in the area had an unacceptably long wait because they were understaffed(???) and Google Maps led us here as an alternate.

We had a variety of entrees, including an antipasto, a calzone, and a stuffed pizza. All dishes, plus the requisite sampler of fried foods (calamari, mushrooms, and zucchini) were well-received and favorably reviewed. The calzone was very large and a small stuffed pizza was easily enough for two adults in my opinion with a crust that was substantial enough to not turn to a soggy mess. I would return for another meal if I were in this part of the city. Service wasn't spectacular but got the job done. There's a TV in the corner, which pretty much sums up the entertainment if you were curious.

The place is very small (5 tables or fewer), but seems to do a fairly decent delivery business. It's not too far east/south off the Diversey (Brown/Purple) stop. Like most areas in Chicago, it would appear street parking is the only (and usually problematic) option, though perhaps it's the case that there is a structure or surface lot nearby that I didn't see, as I went after dark.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I'd been to this Edwardo's a few times when in Chicago as I lived in Lincoln Park and liked Edwardo's due to the fact they could make Pizza with Pesto on it. Overall, this location is good for the fact that it is still open unlike some other Edwardo's but could use some work. The crust tasted over cooked, the cheese while plentiful tasted as if it had been packaged too long, and the Red sauce and Pesto were both really greasy. Furthermore, the dining area is relatively small at this one and often averages 1-3 customers eating in, other surrounding Pizzerias tend to be a better atmosphere than this one. On a final note, please keep in mind my review is that of someone who lived in an Italian part of Brooklyn, New York who is more favoring of the Pizza there.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I ordered the carryout deep dish spinach pizza because I had an old memory of how good it tasted. What I got was a pizza that tasted like it had been made out of canned spinach. It sure looked good sitting on the plate, but I tossed all but the first slice into the dumpster. The next night I carried home a really good fresh spinach pizza from a competitor a couple blocks to the north and west. I cannot recommend this place when we have so many better alternatives for pizza in Chicago.