“Gravity Defying - Master Jedis”
Review of The Art of Pizza

The Art of Pizza
Ranked #670 of 10,828 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Lake View
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful little nearly hole in the wall place.
As soon as you walk in you're treated to a stack of awards and write up ups, not to mention the smell of fresh pies enrobing your nostrils with their beautiful aroma - Like Channel #9 of pizza.
The pizza is truly an art form. There is no godly way for that much stuffing to be held against the force of gravity and not showing an inch of sag.
I'm pretty sure Yoda is holed up in the back using the force to keep the structure.
The we enjoyed the loaded and pep and sausage.... both were loaded across the entire 2.5" of thickness with really mozzarella slices covering everything in a safety cheese blanket.
Don't eat anywhere else - we waited 45 min in rush hour traffic on the interstate just to get to this place.
It's worth the investment to Art.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Much like Sun Tzu's The Art of War, The art of Pizza is equally well thought out and perfect at its specialty, with the combination of great food, quick service, and cheap prices TAOP is one of the greatest pizza places in Chicago.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 9 January 2017

The Art of Pizza has the largest stuffed pizza that I've been able to find in Chicago. While I've had pizza that I found tastier, the sheer size of Art of Pizza's pizza is worth going for. The meat lover's is delicious. Plus, they sell pizza by the slice in the store, which is great!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 7 January 2017

This pizza blew my mind! Everything about it was amazing. When I dream of pizza, I will not only dream of this pizza. The crust was nice and crispy, the deep dish fillings were warm and delicious with a perfect combination of sauce, cheese and toppings. Honestly, this place may have ruined me for pizza because I don't know how anything else can top this. Not to mention, the price is pretty much unbeatable! This is a must-have for anyone who loves or simply wants to try a great deep dish pizza at an incredible value.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 22 October 2016

I really liked this place. It has a very blue collar feel to it, which made it feel like I was with some friends, even though I wasn't.

I really liked that they had a bunch of different deep dish pies one could grab a slice from, rather than having to get a whole pie. This allowed me to sample several different tastes. This wax probably my favorite pizza place I went to in Chicago because it was unpretentious. If I were visiting the city agsin, I choose to go back here first.

Date of visit: October 2016