“Good service/ Good food”

Lao Sze Chuan Restaurant Uptown
Ranked #1,067 of 10,825 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighbourhood: Uptown
Neighbourhood: Uptown
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

BYOB Chinese restaurant, part of a chain. Pretty extensive menu. Prices reasonable. Entree portions generous. Friendly helpful servers good with descriptions of various dishes & able to explain differences. Willing to customize your order regarding ingredients and spicing. We tried moo shu pork which came with wrapper skins & plum sauce. It was very tasty. Also had the Szechuan string beans with some chilis for heat. Spinach with ginger sauce was good, chicken egg rolls filling was good. Server presented a complementary app of spicy cabbage. Good to munch while you peruse the menu. Although there are many choices for Asian food in this neighborhood, this one may have more familiar dishes. Everything we tried was well prepared and fresh and delicious. Good choice for take out too.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 23 January 2018

This place is great. They have a few locations, I have been to the one in Chinatown as well as this location. Both are great, this location is a little nicer and newer inside. Food is great and service was excellent when I last visited.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

Found this place on uber eats. I now think about spicy Tony’s Chicken with 3 chili. It was amazing. Like a dry version of general Chicken but with a ton of flavor instead of just being sweet, we got the mildly spicy and it wasn’t overly hot but I like very hot,the noodles I got were the exact opposite of the heat scale, but to be fair once it got to the lips and tongue it didn’t continue to burn like some hot sauces. I didn’t feel I was winning a bit just that it was way hotter than indicated. For 2 people the chicken and the $1 rice would have been plenty. We had way to much food but it was sooner cheep and not a bad mouthful. Excellent cheap food especially if you want something lake at night that’s not swimming in oil or a burger. I only gave it 4 stars because of the inconsistency of the heat of both supposedly mild dishes, but for flavor and portion size it would have got 5 stars without question.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 18 November 2017

I had dinner here I a really loved it. I had asked for delivery 4 times while in Chicago, it's really good. I highly recommend this place if you are a fan of Chinese food, especially spicy ones. The menu variety is out of this world. If you don't like too much spicy they have non-spicy options.

Date of visit: November 2017
Thank Vanessa Carolin... H
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Great food and nice environment. We love spicy food, so I brought my families from out of town to lao sze chuan uptown, where close by my campus- Loyola university. Once we arrived, we got table right away for party of 8, we order like 10 items. Couple high-lights, chef special dry chilis chicken and Szechuan string bean. Food came out fast and our server is very friendly and attentive. Bedroom is very clean!!! Great place, we will be back for sure.

Date of visit: August 2017