“Total RIP-OFF!!!!!!!!!”

Panera Bread
Ranked #520 of 10,254 Restaurants in Chicago
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Description: From focusing on quality, clean ingredients to serving our food to you in a warm and welcoming environment, Panera Bread is committed to being an ally to our guests. That means crafting a menu of soups, salads and sandwiches that we are proud to feed our families. You don't have to compromise to eat well. Whether you want to come in and enjoy a coffee and our complimentary Wi-Fi , or order online using Rapid Pick-Up so you can grab something quickly, Panera Bread Chicago is here with warmth and welcome. Panera Bread. Food as it should be.
Reviewed 28 July 2018

This place is a total rip- off.$7.09 USD plus tax for a half a turkey and avocado sandwich. See attached picture! NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We spent the day across the street from Panera in some of the parks. My husband and I had four of our kids with us and we were all hungry after a day of playing. The food and service was good. It was busy, so it was a bit of a wait for our food, but not horrible. The bathrooms were a pain. They require a code to get in and out of. No customers were aware of this. The bathrooms are at the back of the restaurant and multiple people went back there only to be confused to find that a code was needed to get into them. They were also pretty dirty, but while we were in there, someone did come and attend to them.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Simple or steak sandwich with side of bread and mango smoothie. The lady who took was loud and some reason in a hurry I placed the order and sat and waited as they were supposed to bring it to me. Order came back with side of chips and no straw asked the lady at the counter she told me to go back and get it also straw is there too. Went back 5 employees standing there chatting and ignored me I had to draw their attention and I finally got my bread . Just avoid coming here I thought customer service will be better as they are across the “bean”. I highly recommend to stay away

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I went to Panera for a bagel with cream cheese. I ordered my bagel but they didn’t have the roasted vegetable cream cheese. I ordered the chives cream cheese because I don’t really like plain. When I got to the pick up counter, I was given plain. They didn’t have anything else. I was not offered a refund. One young man who was new was kind but the other servers were rude. I asked for a refund but was told I needed to go back into the line. I didn’t have time because I had to catch a bus.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

I was not called over to take my order, not really greeted, but everyone else around me was spoken to by my cashier. One customer even walked up after receiving her order and my cashier just walked away from me to help this other customer. No "I'm sorry, I'll be right back" nothing. That to me is very rude customer service. My friend was with me, standing off to the side and couldn't believe the service I received, not really received. She even said the manager saw how I was treated and didn't even blink. Will not be stopping at this Panera EVER again.