“Great Stop in Chinatown”
Review of Chi Cafe

Chi Cafe
Ranked #1,035 of 10,814 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 19 November 2015

My current goal is to try more of the restaurants in Chinatown: I come down here all the time, but always end up going to the same places. My friend suggested Chi Cafe, and we were not disappointed! The food was great for the money: it was about $15/person and we ordered 2 dishes, 1 appetizer, milk tea, and congee (to go). Definitely will be back!

Date of visit: November 2015

Reviewed 6 October 2015

Stopped in on a Saturday afternoon for lunch. Chinatown was crowded because of the Harvest Moon Festival. We went to Chi Café based on my cousin's recommendation. We were glad to be seated right away and picked crispy garlic wings and chow mein noodles. The food was plentiful--for 2 of us, we split one appetizer and one entrée. The items we ordered were tasty. Service was ok. Simple, contemporary décor--I liked the look of the tree trunk seats. A nice pick for a quick, casual meal.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 2 October 2015

There is so much on the menu, it's hard to decide on what to get! I was told to to try the sizzling beef with sweet saki so I tried it and it came with rice on the side. I also got an eggroll, and shared some crab ragoon. The sizzling beef was good and the eggroll was probably one of the best kind that I have had. BUT, the crab ragoon was seriously, the best that I have ever had. I was full of the perfect combination of crab, cream cheese, and whatever else they put in it. If you go there, definitely get the crab ragoon. And, it was cheap! No more than $3-4 for 4 pieces. If that's pricey to you, just do order it anyways. It's so worth it and you will not be disappointed!

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 15 July 2015 via mobile

Every city in United States should have a restaurant like this.

The Chi Cafe is run by professionals. The food they serve is very high-quality considering the late, late hour in which you can buy it.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 12 July 2015

Stopped in Thursday night when we had to stop near Chinatown. WIfe, daugher and myself. What a wonderful surprise. I had the Corn and Chicken soup. DELICIOUS (so good, my wife got me another order today to go), and I had the Seafood and Pineapple fried rice which was great too. No coating of grease on the bottom of the serving dish.....or in my mouth. My daughter had vegetable fried rice....with no veggies....she's 10 and she at the entire order and she's tiny. My wife had a seafood udon noodle soup that she was going to take the rest home....but she finished it.

Service was great too. Some places in Chinatown make us feel a little out of place, but not here. EVERYONE was nice as can be. Can't wait to go back and bring some friends.

Date of visit: July 2015

Been to Chi Cafe? Share your experiences!