“Waiter order fail, decent pizza.”

Paulie Gee's Logan Square
Ranked #2,829 of 10,730 Restaurants in Chicago
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We arrived at 9:25 and were informed the kitchen closes at 9:45, ok. The waiter looked visibly upset we were being seated. He was way 'too cool' to be a server, gave me the impression he was doing us a favor. My wife orders a vegan option and gets it. Its good, not great. I order some pie that comes with the option of a vegan sausage, this was not a substitute, because as they inform you on the menu they don't do that, they are not accommodating. I ask for vegan sausage, he acknowledges, then brings me a pie with real sausage. Oh, real meaning it has dead animals in it, something i do not eat by choice. I had a feeling it was real sausage after the first bite, but the waiter did not return for a while so i just sat with it. I may have had an extra bite, trying to determine if it was actual meat. Eventually he came back, assured me it was vegan sausage, but then ran back to the machine and oh wait he forget to input vegan sausage... I ascribe it to his lackadaisical attitude. He was apologetic. Not the kitchen's fault, they remade it pretty fast with the vegan option. It was ok. Missing something, salt perhaps. The ricotta was tasteless. I somehow had a feeling my trip to Chicago would end with me eating a few bites of meat for the first time in a while. They should have at least comped my drink. I will still give it 3 stars because they serve vegan pizza, and its not bad, but make sure your server is mindful of your food restrictions if you have any.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Went for a pizza on Wednesday night. Wine half off, great! Place was not so busy at the time, and the pizza arrived very quicky. It tasted so good. Then had a vegan cake, also very delicious. Great place to go for pizza.

Been to Paulie Gee's Logan Square? Share your experiences!