“Acceptable Airport Eats!”
Review of Publican Tavern

Publican Tavern
Ranked #676 of 10,803 Restaurants in Chicago
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Considering the overpriced dross normally available in the airport, this place is the French Laundry of airport restaurants. Outside of the TSA security barrier it would be average but inside it stands head and shoulders over the competition. Upscale pub fare crafted from something other than whatever emerges from frozen bowels of a Sysco truck, my food arrived hot and quite tasty. Yes you’ll dole out $16 for a cheeseburger but given the alternative, it’s worth the splurge. Recommended.

1  Thank SquareBear205

Reviewed 10 August 2018

On our way out of town, wanted dinner but not airport food. Did not expect to see Publican there!. Ordered dinner and it was just great: pork rillette w/ apricot, wings, avocado salad. Very enjoyable meal.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Delicious drinks!! the old fashion is worth the delay. the wings were super tasty with tangy flavor and perfect sweetness also nice caramelized crust!

Reviewed 5 August 2018

We stopped here for dinner before our flight and found confusion. When we approached the hostess stand to ask about a table after wading through the line, she stared at me. She said nothing. Finally, I asked if we could get our name on a list for dinner. I could barely hear her response. I asked if she wanted my cell phone number or name because I couldn't hear a word she said. She said a name was fine, and she would call our name within 10 minutes. Standing in line, we saw others go for tables, and finally, we heard my name. We walked up to the stand, and she said she had called us several times before. Well, we couldn't hear her at all. She needs to shout to be heard over the noise of the airport. She waved us back to a table, so off we went. Our waiter was prompt and friendly and the food was okay. We've eaten at the Publican in the city and it's far better. The food here is airport-overpriced. We saw one couple walk out after looking at the menu. So, overall, okay, but the hostess needs training.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We had an hour to kill so we came here for breakfast. We split a bloody Mary and they split it for us in two glasses with pickles and olives each.. I had a breakfast sandwich which comes with the most unhealthy but the best tasting potatoes! So good! A healthier option would be the eggs Benedict with a side salad of arugula. It was cooked enough so the egg was not runny. I will come back.

Been to Publican Tavern? Share your experiences!