Review Highlights
Don't join the "gin craze "

Great bar if you have kids. Went in for a change and seemingly had a good selection of gins and... read more

Reviewed 2 June 2018
julie w
St Helens, United Kingdom
via mobile
Just a quick pint

Popped in for a quick beer mid week very busy and looked clean and not a bay price for a pint I... read more

Reviewed 31 August 2017
wonkyrabbit
Southport, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews great entertainment feel welcome great bar karaoke sports bouncer pint staff children toilets
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

We visited the Sunnys bar on Friday and Saturday night and both nights we had problems with the bouncer on the door.
The 1st night he made crude comments in front of my 15 year old step daughter and also mentioned about my step sons mum who Sadley passed away years ago and told him if he couldn't take a "mum joke" he would leather him outside and the second night around 10:45pm me and my husband with his two children, one of his children had a glass j20 bottle the same the bouncer from the pervouis night snatched the bottle out of his hand and told him he couldn't take it out the front very aggressively and then said if my husband that if he wanted to take the problem outside he would sort him out and he was lucky that he had his kids with him. This in front of 2 kids is disgusting behaviour from any SIA badged person.
I was a pub manager for 5 years and if I had someone like that on my door I would be ashamed these people are supposed to look after you not try and cause fights! Think this person needs to be reviewed and taught how to do the job!
As for the pub it's a nice place in the day and I wouldn't recommend families to go here from our experience I have had and I wouldn't certainly be recommended to friends and family!

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank emab1986
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

Sunny's ideal for all sports

It is reasonably priced with offers on drinks

Unfortunately I made a mistake in ordering Becks when the offer was for Becks vier the non alcoholic drink

I tried to change it for an alcoholic version the staff were most unhelpful and the manager quite aggressive at my reasonable request to change the drink and pay the difference

We left at this point and went to Cues Sports bar where we were made very welcome

We will not be back to Sunnys

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank William H
Reviewed 27 April 2017

Have had a recent makeover. Looks lovely. Great entertainment, live music, Karaoke, child friendly. Has a pool table, darts as a bonus. Lots of sports coverage on many TV s.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 12 April 2017

Sunny's bar always have the best selection of sporting coverage, if whether you are into horse racing, football or grand prix there are so many TV's that is you request it at the bar they will do their best to accommodate and delegate a tv if possible.

Always friendly staff and the evening entertainment is very good for families. Prices are reasonable and establishment is always very clean.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

Came for a long weekend over Halloween. Great Karaoke entertainment, clean surroundings, friendly staff and great value food and drinks.
Definately recommend