“A Great Start to Our Weekend!”
Review of The Abbey

The Abbey
Ranked #12 of 180 Restaurants in Belleville
Reviewed 10 August 2018

A recent Saturday morning visit to The Abbey was delightful. It was a perfect morning to enjoy the patio, sip coffee concoctions and enjoy a fresh panini. Service was prompt, friendly and attentive. Our table ordered Egg-Bake Paninis and one Jim's Egg-Bake Panini. All tasted great! If you like it a bit spicy, go for the Jim's Egg-Bake version. This is one of our favorite spots in Belleville.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Absolutely ❤ their gelato! Best I have ever had! The staff are always kind & courteous! Wish they were open later in the evening.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

This was my first time in the Abbey. Nice place to stop for lunch or small dinner. Friendly people and the food came out within a few minutes. I went with three siblings for lunch and it was a nice surprise.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

First off I love the patio, Gorgeous flowers and greenery, very peaceful. Service was excellent and all the staff were very friendly. They have a lovely menu with lots of variety for a coffee shop. I especially liked all the salad options. My only constructive feedback would be to use freshly cooked chicken breast for the salads. It is a $2 up charge to add chicken and it is the pre-cooked store-bought chicken. I would give a 4.5 because of the chicken but everything else was so exceptional I will give them a 5.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

Absolutely wonderful awesome place to eat, relax, visit, study, bring your tablet, quiet, enjoy freshly prepared food, Espressos, Lattes and Spirits in a very casual atmosphere attended by a smiling pleasant staff. I can't believe this place exists. I had the Fig'N Bri Panini and there is just nothing like it. The menu is all American but with gourmet breads, unique fillings, breakfast, baked goods hot and cold sandwiches, soups, ice creams, Bistro style. This place looked to cater to the diner who wanted to stay and visit, read the paper, young working on computers. I spent 2 hours visiting with a friend I rarely see and were not pressured to leave. There is entertainment weekly that does not interfere with conversation, I am told. I will be back for sure.