“Good Vietnamese without the trip to South Grand”

Saigon Vietnamese Cuisine
Ranked #17 of 173 Restaurants in Belleville
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Prejudice first: I love a couple different Vietnamese restaurants on South Grand in St. Louis. That said, Saigon is darned close to my and my family's longtime favorite, Pho Grand. Friendly little family place is also a favorite of my adult nephew when he comes home from the military. Cheap eats and good attention to the customers from the staff. Decor is nothing much, but if you're there for the food the backdrop is secondary.

1  Thank BikerBrad

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Hands down the best establishment in Belleville for dine-in and take-out! Their menu is very expansive, and includes Chinese-American dishes for the less adventurous. My go-to is the Special beef pho and all of the vermicelli dishes. The lemongrass beef dish is fun to eat: you get to make your own summer roll! The food quality is impeccable. I cannot get enough of it all. This is the first place we take any out-of-town visitors, and is my favorite day after Thanksgiving lunch spot!

Reviewed 5 March 2016

You may order Chinese or Vietnamese. I prefer the subtle flavors of Vietnamese. Wonderful soups- the Pho is the best I've had. Vermicelli dishes with meats & veggies are filling, cheap and "clean" tasting. The Vietnamese Egg Rolls are hot & flavorful. Lemongrass beef/chicken very good as well as the pork chops. Love the crushed rice. Least favorite item was the "hot pot". We try to go weekly- except on a Monday when they are closed.

1  Thank Goose G
Reviewed 24 September 2015 via mobile

Love the #117 one of our favorites. The lettuce wrapped egg rolls are soo good too. Shrimp spring rolls are crispy amd tasty. Lemongrass fish is a winner too. Prefer takeout. Inside service can be slow. Restaurant has an odor too it but food is always delicious.

Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

I had the spring rolls and the special beef soup to try the place out. They also give you a nice little appetizer of a salsa blend and chips. Everything I had tasted very fresh with good flavor. Not too spicy but with a little bite.
There is a pretty extensive menu with soups, rice dishes, vermicelli dishes. Some great looking fish dishes that I will try next time.
Enjoyed it a lot.