“Good food but....”

Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Ardmore
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Visited for first time on Fri. Aug 3 on a early afternoon. The food was very good, fried chicken, chicken and dumplings, corn, green beans, greens and corn bread and cobbler were all cooked well. While finishing up my meal, a man attached a rag to a long pole and commenced to clean the air ducts in the dining area. This is something that never should be done as some trash is sure to come down on the food and people eating at their tables. An elderly couple asked him not to clean the duct above them but he cleaned it anyway. They took their bill and complained to the checkout but to no avail. Outside the restaurant, I told the couple I thought it odd that the man would clean the vents while people were eating and about that time the man came outside and told the couple to leave his property and stop talking to other customers about it. I don't know if I will return.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We traveled to Huntsville, Alabama for a concert which was canceled at the last minute due to a medical emergency. Having never been to the area before we were clueless as to where to have dinner as we made our way toward home in southern Kentucky. We happened upon Mildred's and, seeing the packed parking lot, decided this must be a great place to eat. Were we ever right! Even though the lot was packed, the wait was short. The buffet was overflowing with fried catfish, stuffed crab, BBQ ribs, fried chicken, frog legs, numerous veggies, large selection on the salad bar and even desserts! The food is delicious and served at the appropriate temperature. The wait staff was oozing with down home southern hospitality! The Friday night buffet was priced at $10.99. All of these things told us why the parking lot was packed. We highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 25 July 2018

My daughter, wife and I ate there on Saturday, July 21. None of us had been there before. The parking lot was packed. We were so glad that we stopped. You could order off of a menu or the buffet. We selected the buffet and so glad that we did. Everything was delicious...….fried chicken, pot roast, macaroni and cheese and the peach cobbler were all extra good. Our waitress was a delight. I wish that I could remember her name, but do not. She was so helpful, friendly and had a smile that would light up anyone's day. It was a great stop for lunch and I would highly recommend.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

If you want good, comfort food, this is a place to go. Southern food that doubles as comfort food, just like your mom or grandmother cooked. Our server was on top of drink refills and every employee we interacted with had that friendly attitude. Definitely worth a drive!

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I tried some of almost everything on the Saturday buffet, and I just couldn't find anything that wasn't extraordinarily good! The fried chicken was excellent, the greens were seasoned almost perfectly, and the buttermilk cornbread was fantastic! And that's just a few of the tasty foods available.

My dear grandmother was named Mildred, and she would have thoroughly approved of and enjoyed a meal here.

If you're traveling on I-65 at the Alabama/Tennessee border, this is more than worth the short side trip for a great meal!

1  Thank Richard M