“Great lunch place”
Review of Bistro off Broad

Bistro off Broad
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro off Broad is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 69 Restaurants in Winder
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Have met couples there for lunch twice. Food Good though not a large lunch menu, still what ie offered is good.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

In Winder to pick up some puppies from one of my favorite lab breeders, Van Dalen Kennels. We had some time to kill and we found this Bistro Off Broad on one of our food apps. In an older building, that did not look that inviting. Once inside it was beautiful. Very high ceilings with exposed beams and decorative aspects in between the support beams. Had a nostolgic feel to it but it was bright and clean. The tables were set far apart and had a black linen cloth on them and a large sheet of brown kind of deli paper across the table, but still showing black linen on the sides. It was elegant but practical. We had some ice teas that were about $2.00 and delicious. The menu was quite a surprise of offerings as the waiter told us the chef had been on one of the cooking shows on TV--maybe Iron Chef?? Not sure which one. But we had to try the french onion soup and I love green pea soup. The french onion was hot and tons of cheese and was excellent. The green pea has small chunks of prosciutto and a dollop of sour cream and was the best. We got some great oysters for $1 per and they were so sweet and briney and fresh. Yes, away from the ocean we were but the waiter was right on with the recommendation. We got a Roast Beef Au Jus and then a chicken pot pie entree to split. The chicken pot pie came with a large crunchy biscuit sitting right on the top of the bowl. The biscuit was done to perfection and the chicken pot pie was loaded with lots of chicken, peas, carrots and finely chopped and cooked together well. The au jus was not the best part of the lunch, but I am not a fan of that. My two friends thought it was great but would have liked to have break toasted a little more. That would have made it a 4.5 versus a 4 in their tastes. The entrees were about $10 and with all of that above and refills on the teas and two coffees the bill was $60. The service was great and the feel of the place was old time with new clean accents. The bathrooms were the cleanest of all time. We did not have any room left for desert. I would recommend this for dinner or lunch. The dinner menu looked great and they obviously take the time and effort to make the presentation great but the food better.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Wife and I had dinner here last night. I had pork oso buko and she had halibut. Both were good. We had a green salad and it was fresh greens. We also had the duck appetizer and it was different but good.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Outstanding service and selection. Baked Brie with honeycomb and fish were spot on. Very reasonable prices for the delicious quality. I could go there weekly!

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Found this place on TripAdvisor. Wished I’d found it earlier to take my colleagues when they were in town. Very nice place for Winder. Not what I expected. Great atmosphere. Great service at the bar. Had lunch and it was delicious. Ordered the french onion soup and the chicken pot pie. Will definitely return if ever in the area.