“So glad we Visited the pool complex first, and then went on to the Little White House”
Review of Little White House

Little White House
More attraction details
Owner description: President Franklin D. Roosevelt built his "Little White House" in Warm Springs, Georgia, in 1932 while serving as governor of New York.
Reviewed 23 December 2017

We visited the Roosevelt Pools site first, purely by chance, and it was a lovely introduction to the whole area. Drove around the Institute for Rehabilitation, the camp, and then headed for the Little White House. I am so glad we saw both sites. Museums were excellent, guides were very knowledgeable and brought history to life for me. I loved the path with all the state flags and stones. Fantastic!

All reviews
"guest house"
in 18 reviews
"history buff"
in 23 reviews
"president of the united states"
"short film"
in 20 reviews
"great piece of history"
in 8 reviews
"step back in time"
in 14 reviews
"secret service"

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

The grounds are beautiful. The museum is very well done including adaptive equipment used by the president and pieces of his furniture. I loved the cane display. The perfectly preserved cottage is American History at its finest. The history of the pools was very interesting. Loved it!

Reviewed 14 December 2017

I loved visiting here. We were the only ones here on a Dec morning but the staff was so enthiastic and pleasant. I learned how FDR became the compassionate president by getting to know how poor families were living in Georgia during the Depression. He inspired other polio victims and built a modest home here to accommodate his handicaps. There is so much more that should be done here to preserve and use this property.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

My spouse is a history major and loved every minute of this visit. He was particularly taken with the modest conditions under which the great President chose to live. The areas of appeal to us was the stamp collection in the museum and the fact that my spouse’s great uncle was a patient at Warm Springs and a NY neighbor of FDR’s. Great experience!!