Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
CJKson177KPt
Delray Beach, Florida

Home Away From Home

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 May 2024
The sane comfort & security of being at your house is what Best Western Plus offers, try for yourselves I promise you want be disappointed. Full hot breakfast, fluffy towels and a comfortable bed and secure peace of mind in parking on premises.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
      $123
    • Priceline
    1.3 km from Best Western Plus Rose City Conference Center Inn
    View more hotels in Thomasville
    All reviews front desk multiple shower heads very nice hotel home away from home the breakfast area business trip ga grandkids claire sauna florida hurricane
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 19 May 2024

LONG POST ALERT!! Let me start off by saying I have stayed at this hotel numerous times since it was established. This is the first time I have considered not returning again. I remember this used to be the top hotel in Thomasville, with its main attraction being the beautiful marble tile walk in showers with the glass doors, removable shower handle and additional jet stream shower heads. The shower is the reason I don't consider other hotels. So, imagine my surprise when I hopped in the shower only to find the removable handle missing. Because I was already undressed and the room phone did not work, my daughter went to the front desk to ask that we be moved to another room (same type..suite). The representative then moved us to room 305. I can only speculate that the representative has no idea how all of the rooms in the hotel look because not only did room 305 NOT have the removable shower head, but it also had tile hanging from the ceiling, rust spots and it was super dirty (pictures provided). The hotel really needs to close room 305 until the situation is rectified. I asked for yet another room and was told they had "overbooked" and no more rooms were available, so I told her I would go back to my original room. This was for a 3-night stay so I was definitely not happy.

I spoke with the manager at 11pm when I came back from visiting family and explained what happened. He seemed shocked when I showed him pics of room 305. He mentioned that a lot of the rooms are intentionally missing the removable handle for leak issues. My other daughter and her family as well as my brother had the removable handle, but just like my shower, the water drained so slowly in their showers that the water would be up to our ankles when showering which is pretty disgusting.

Anyway, I asked the manager if there were any more rooms available and he said "we are full...you know that". He said the best he could do to compensate me for my inconvenience was to give me 10.00 off my room. So I said I would talk to corporation because they have more power. That is when another room became available, but it was almost midnight. I was not going to uproot my sleeping daughter and grandbaby. That available room should have been presented when I had asked the representative earlier in the day.

The other issue was the heated pool was not heated. These are things that should be stated on the website so that potential customers can make an informed decision on whether to stay there. A simple "pardon our inadequate showers and unheated pool, we are in the process of remodification" on the website would help to quell some of the complaints I see in the reviews. because the customers will already know what they are paying a large sum of money for.

Lastly, the last time I stayed here there was a roach infestation problem. Thankfully at that time I was moved to a different floor/room that did not have any roaches. Though i did not see any small roaches in my room this time, a fairly large cockroach came off the elevator like he was one of the paying customers. It was comical because I was watching him from a distance. It would not have been a laughing matter if we had been on the elevator at the same time.

I know this is a long rant. I just want management and Claire to do more than just say we hope you have a better visit next time. Be transparent and update your website and also stop saying there are no other rooms available when clearly there are.

Room tip: Before reserving 1) Call in advance to make sure the heated pool is indeed heated. 2) Request a room with no plumbing issues.
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed 18 May 2024

Family just moved into area. Not enough room to stay there. So, we chose this hotel because of proximity to them. Very well apportioned hotel. Sleeping was comfortable. End room was very quiet. Awesome shower! Three heads were just what we needed after the long drive there. Breakfast station was complete with the usual selections. Nice waffle maker. This will be our go to hotel when we visit again.

Reviewed 15 May 2024

Comfy beds, clean and tidy rooms, good breakfast selection, and very friendly and helpful staff. Convenient to everything in Thomasville with restaurants within walking distance. The pizza place is a don't miss meal.

Reviewed 11 May 2024

These were three days which we had set aside to visit the Thomasville area as our May trip. Everything was great and the Inn room was not even on our worry chart. Clean ,comfortable and was made up everyday! Internet was quick and easy to log in. Pool was clean and well kept. It could have been warmer but was refreshing after coming in from 90 degree heat in May. Sauna was broken was only area that needed attention!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
    Claire Hoxie, Guest Services / Front Office at Best Western Plus Rose City Conference Center Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2024

Reviewed 7 May 2024

Clean and spacious easy access to main highway and close to downtown. Staff was friendly and polite.