“Yum!”

Ranked #87 of 229 Restaurants in Newnan
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Family-owned and operated since 1926, Sprayberry's Barbecue serves up slow-cooked barbecue and American favorites in Newnan, GA!
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I’m glad my husband and I stopped in on our way through town. The service was great. Our waitress was friendly and we promptly received our food. The restaurant was busy and lots of locals chatting and visiting each other at other tables. Very good, southern vibes here! My only disappointment was that I was too full to get dessert. They also have crushed ice (love that) in their water glasses and sweet tea! That’s something I haven’t seen at a restaurant at a long time. Thank you for a delicious lunch!

Donald S, Owner at Sprayberry's Barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

We are happy that you loved your lunch, service and our friendly atmosphere. Thank you for your kind words. Please come back soon and if you still don't have room for dessert, we will fix it to go for you!

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Food was blah not good cold and service was ok mostly empty place but I must say there very polite but that doesn’t feed my hunger

Donald S, Owner at Sprayberry's Barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

We are very upset that your food was cold. This is not something that we hear often, but we will be checking with the staff to see what happened. We pride ourselves on good food (just the same as it has been for 92 years) and good service. We are sorry that we didn't deliver, but we hope that you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

I love BBQ, but this was only the second time that I have thrown away a BBQ sandwich. The sauce is bad also, the stew was like something that came out of a can. It seems like the locals like it and I have no idea why.

We are sorry that you don't care for our classic southern style barbecue. Our sauce is a vinegar/tomato based sauce that is thin and tangy. Another reviewer on social media this week said, " I could drink their bbq sauce, mmmmm, yeah its that good!" Our Brunswick stew is made fresh daily and is still made the same way it was in 1926. Our grandfather and father taught us how. I promise that it did not come from a can (although lots of people request that we can it so that they can take it home and have it available all of the time). We do serve many non-barbecue items that are made fresh daily so we hope that you will give Sprayberry's another try.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

One of our favorite things to do is get some good BBQ. Sprayberry's was NOT it. Our waitress smelled like an ashtray. My first disappointment was they don't have brisket. We ordered chicken wings, half a rack of ribs, a salad and mac & cheese. The salad was a joke... a small bowl off finely shredded iceberg lettuce with a few tiny chunks of tomato. The wings were very burnt and tasted terrible. The ribs were bland and lacked any kind of flavor. The sauces were thin and fairly tasteless. The mac & cheese was dry, gritty and just tasted like noodles with way too much cheddar cheese melted on them. With so many good BBQs around in the area, there is no reason for us to ever go back to Sprayberry's.

Donald S, Owner at Sprayberry's Barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

We are sorry that you did not care for our style of barbecue. We do have beef barbecue, but we use bottom round. Our wings and ribs are cooked on the pit every day with hickory wood. We do have lots of other offerings on the menu and hope that you may visit again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Not sure why all the locals talk about this place. No offense but it is an older crowd so maybe it used to be good years and years ago and they are just there for comfort but I did not like anything we ordered. Pork dry and under seasoned brunswick stew lacked flavor which is hard to do. For bbq there are other places around town worth your time and money. This for some reason is a staple or the fixture on the wall that just won't go away in newnan and I for one just don't get it.

We are sorry that our food is not to your taste. We have been serving our Brunswick stew and Barbecue since 1926 and we are proud to think that it is comfort food to generations of our customers. That being said, our pork should not be dry and your server should have returned it to the kitchen to be replaced. We will address this issue with our staff. We hope that you will give us another try.