1,845 results
All reviews nice hotel free parking hotel restaurant stayed here for one night swimming pool road trip easy access short drive main building seating area siena city center hotel room was clean local restaurants relaxation area car hire superior room average hotel
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Although there is easy access to places from nearby the hotel the best and easiest way to get to the hotel and travel around is by car. As you approach the hotel you can see that there is a car park along the side of the building. However there is a larger hotel car park across the road which is not clearly sign posted.

When we arrived the receptionists English wasn’t great and this made it extremely difficult to understand what was available at the hotel and how things worked. Despite this disappointing start the other receptionist were absolutely amazing as they were friendly, helpful and polite. They recommend local restaurants and days out which was very helpful.

The actual hotel room was really nice with lovely decorations and colour scheme. With a lovely large ensuite and a lovely balcony. It had the most beautiful view from the room. Unfortunately after a few days the fridge stopped working, the handle to the balcony broke and the lights starting cutting out. When we told reception they sent the handy man who fixed the problem as fast as possible which was extremely handy. So I cannot fault the room in any way.

The swimming pool was lovely with a little sitting area within the pool with jets. Also the seating area surrounding the pool had a good layout as some were in the shade as well as the sun. By the pool there were toilets, showers and a gym which anyone can access. There is also a wellness area which you have to pay for. Lastly there is a pool bar where you can buy food and drink however throughout the day they have free nibbles out which anyone can take.

On a side note the restaurant which I would definitely personally avoid. I went to the hotel restaurant which was absolutely horrible. I’m allergic to tomatoes and I have always liked Italy because they normally cater for people allergic to tomatoes. This restaurant did not however I found a few things I could have and they were the most disgusting food I have ever had. Despite this a lot of people I spoke to said that the pasta dishes were very nice. Also the service was very slow and I spent almost 3 hours there and most of that was waiting to order my courses.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2018

We liked this hotel very much, once you get used to the rather odd layout-our 14 year old boy particularly liked the pool and the fast wifi! The room was spacious, the beds comfy (although the pillows take some getting used to) and the air con was fine (the controller in the room only modifies the temperature slightly, if you want it warmer or cooler ask at reception). The staff are delightful, and the room comes with a fridge too. No usb charger points so its worth bringing those with you-one of the multiplug converters is very handy. The restaurant on the roof is well worth a visit too. Poolside snacks like melon and ham are excellent and reasonably priced too, and if you havent had an Aperol spritz yet this is the place to try one! Breakfasts are very good.

Top tips; you will probably arrive at Pisa airport; for the car hire section exit the airport and turn right, following the red pavement markings. There is a shuttle bus to the car hire building, but this is normally very busy. you can walk it in about 10 minutes. When you pick your car up, check the corners of the bumpers and make sure they arent marked or scratched, as Italian car parks (especially the underground ones) are very tight. Make sure you have an aerial too-most of them are screw-in, ours was pinched on the first day (take it off when you leave the car anywhere). Pisa airport takes you straight out onto the Fi-Pi-Li autostrada to Siena. If you've not driven in Italy before you will be pleasantly surprised-the standard of driving is on the whole very good, although the inside lanes of many dual carriageways are often very chewed up by lorries.

There are two good bar restaurants near the hotel, one in Casetta which you can walk to in 5 minutes, and a really excellent restaurant-pizzeria in Arbia, the Piccolo Mondo. We had some of the best pizze we have ever had there. if you are eating outside though, wear insect repellent-there aren't too many mosquitoes around, but on a still night they will get you if you are eating outside.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank dvbStaffordshire
Reviewed 11 July 2018

The hotel is nice, clean and very close to Siena and other wonderful cities/ sites in Tuscany, which is all we needed. Breakfast was nice and staff are all friendly and helpful. If you are looking for a breathtaking Tuscany agriturismo with state-of-the art facilities this is not the place for you. However, please bear with me: if you need a clean and nice place to stay while you are mainly traveling around all day, this is your place, i.e. unbeatable value for money. We chose this hotel with this idea in mind, and we were perfectly happy with it though this is not the kind of hotel I would normally chose for my holidays. I would recommend it to those who need a convenient base.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Carla C
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is small but beautiful, very clean. It is just 10 minuts away from Siena.

Very nice staff and amazing food! We had 3 dinners in the hotel restaurant and every day we were impressed with excellent food and service!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Loved the location of this restaurant to many of the places we wanted to visit, but the very hard mattresses, the non-working A/C (or barely working - it was hard to tell) and the slow WiFi made it just an OK visit. Breakfasts were terrific

Date of stay: June 2018