other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Poor - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

jwilli715...
Washington, DC
“Home-Away-From-Home? -- NOT Micasa (5)”
Reviewed 6 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We were looking for a ” home away from home” when we sought to rent this property for the week of 25 May – 01 June, 2017. Micasa (5) fell far short of that ideal. The house was very nice. The neighborhood was lovely, well maintained, and quiet. The WIFI worked very well and thank goodness for that because the satellite TV was wishful thinking. But let me not get ahead of myself.
The first two rooms are empty as you walk into the house, except for 2 dining chairs, a wall hanging and a little round table holding a journal with remarks from previous occupants. The only window treatments were venetian blinds. Not very home feeling at all.
The family room had furnishings as did the breakfast area in the kitchen, although it was difficult for me to use the bar height table since I am on the short side. I was glad I we did not bring the grandchildren with this would have been a bigger issue.
The satellite/cable TV was important to us. The only shows available on this satellite were the repeat shows like those one gets when tuning into “On Demand”. The TV itself got a few stations without the satellite however, the availability of most stations depended upon the time of day one watched. I had my laptop and my ipad and access to my Cable TV carrier which afforded my ability to see programs on “LIVE” TV that I wanted to watch.
The kitchen appeared to be basically equipped. However, I am so glad that we tried the stove before we went grocery shopping. We drove to Georgia because since we had a house, I wanted to cook for my family there as well as prepare a few meals for us—my husband and I. I had packed cooking supplies, my spices and herbs, and favorite utensils so that I could prepare quite a few meals easily without having to look for the ingredients in the stores. Lo and behold, out of four, the stove had one working burner. I never even checked the oven because without the stove, I really did not need the oven. So much for cooking.
We were pleased with the garage, but we were inconvenienced by not having a remote control for the door.
The bedrooms were sparingly furnished with a bed, nightstand and a chest of drawer in each. The master bedroom had a TV which was just as non-functioning as the one in the family room (still fewer channels) and a desk with no chair. All of the windows were treated with the same venetian blinds as in the living area.
The beds were terrible—all three. The beds were all the same size. This is the first time in all the years that we have been married that my husband and I have had to sleep apart while in the same house. The mattresses were most uncomfortable. In the Master Bedroom, that mattress is so worn that if you are not right in the middle of the bed it feels as if you are going to end up on the floor. The other two rooms have similar uncomfortable bedding because we could not sleep in the bed together, I tried sleeping in both of the other bedrooms. I am still recovering from those 7 nights of tossing and turning and getting up with a sore body.
This house did not feel like home at all, even for the very basic necessities—a bed. Low end hotels have better bedding. We talked to the owner on one occasion about the satellite. He did not appear to be forthcoming for a resolution of the issue that we were having. As landlords, when our tenants have issues with our properties, we respond immediately and are not satisfied until our tenants are satisfied. We were disappointed that the owner displayed a lack of concern.

Being in Douglasville, placed us close enough to our family in Dallas, so that we could attend our granddaughter's graduation--the reason for this trip. We did not have to fight the traffic coming out of Atlanta as we would have, had we stayed in Buckhead. At the end of the day, for my husband and I, we will not give up on finding that "home away from home" when we travel, (we have stayed in some really great places) however Micasa (5) did not live up to the described amenities nor to our expectations.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
16 Jun 2017
As the host of this property, I pride myself on taking care of my quest. However, it is very difficult to satisfy all of the guest needs all of the time. In regards, to the tv, I got 1 call from the husband on how to operate the streamsmart device so you can get watch the programs of their wishes. I instructed him on how to operate the device and stated that he understood. Then, I inform him to do hesitate to contact me if he had any further questions. Also, let me know if there are any problems with the house. I never heard back from the couple.

In regards, to the beds. All of the beds are queen size can accommodate most couples. For as the age of the mattress, they are less than 2 years old. And this is the first time anyone has complaint about the mattresses. But every guest will have the own level of comfort. The dinning set is a pub style with matching chairs. And no one has ever complaint about having issues sitting at the tables. Again, it is almost impossible to accommodate each every guest height requirements. the 2 inch Venetian blinds are standard in my homes and in most homes. They require less maintenance and do not have worry about guest with allergy issues. There has never been an issue with the stove. The house is fairly new and well kept. They neighborhood is very nice and quiet. I stand by the description of the house and strive to make sure our guest or comfortable and satisfied. All of the guest concerns will be taken in consideration.

Steven Smith

Travellers are raving about these Douglasville hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing