“Wasn't impresssed”

City Tavern Bar & Grill
Ranked #42 of 166 Restaurants in Carrollton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 May 2018

It's was about 2 in the afternoon and City Tavern wasn't busy. The tables hadn't been cleaned off from earlier customers. We were told to be seated as soon as we walked in the door. When the waitress walked up to the table she took the old drink glasses but didn't wash the table off. After we ordered we waited about 30 mins. for food. The food was warm at best and had no flavor. (3 of us, I sampled each dish.) Not once did the waitress come to see if we wanted a refill or if the food was okay.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

I enjoy the beer selection, and the wings are good as well. It's a good pub atmosphere. Try a local Printer's Ale.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

Atmosphere is comfortable, food is good. It's a good place for a meal or just a warm, comradely libation.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Can't stop through Carrolton without including at least one visit to the City Tavern Bar & Grill! They always have 2-3 IPAs that are ice cold... the service is second to none... and we just love the atmosphere... whether we're there for drinks, lunch, or dinner.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

City Tavern Bar and Grill

Located in the historic square area, City Tavern was new to me as a place to meet some friends for lunch. The decor is typical pub style and is tastefully done, but the tables are an odd width: the middle tops are all four-seaters but they are too narrow for four adults (we were small and average sized people). I noticed the six-tops were also a tight squeeze. Our group had to dine with our seats sticking out into the aisle to avoid elbowing each other.

Our server, a young lady, was very pleasant and good at her job.

The food overall was OK. My Southern burger was pretty decent and the pimento cheese was a nice addition, but the tots were a bit overcooked and had a bitter flavor. The two different wraps ordered by my friends elicited two different opinions. The chicken parm wrap was bland per one person and the turkey wrap was enjoyed by the other. Tots and fries accompanied theirs.

City Tavern wouldn't be my first choice for dining, but I would certainly return and order other items. And unlike Napoleon Dynamite's nemesis, I won't be asking for any tots. :)