“Mixed feelings”
Review of Bulla Gastrobar

Bulla Gastrobar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bulla Gastrobar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 361 Restaurants in Winter Park
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Description: Bulla (boo-ya), which is slang for chatter and what people are talking about, is devoted to delight you by serving your favorite Spanish and Catalan dishes such as "Patatas Bravas", "Huevos Bulla", Buñuelos de Bacalao and other tapas as well as tantalizing daily specials from our kitchen. We select only the finest and freshest ingredients, accented in our authentic, savory cuisine.
Reviewed 2 March 2017

Our second trip to Bulla left us with mixed feelings. The first time, we had a great experience with an intelligent and attentive server. This time's service killed it all. We ordered drinks right away, but did not receive them until after our food arrived. Apparently, there was a back order at the bar! It was hard to believe, since the restaurant was barely at one-third's occupancy.
The only comment about the dishes that the young lady serving us could make was “Oh, that is very good." As much as we appreciate her personal opinion, we were looking for a better description. By the way, her promise that the cappuccino comes from a "great cappuccino machine," and is “very good” happened to be not even close to true; I received a warm substance of questionable colors, sprinkled with some cinnamon.

Our server disappeared for a while, but luckily we got help from other, not occupied and more attentive staff members, including a young gentleman, that recognized me from my first visit. Our empty plates were removed promptly, and clean forks were delivered for dessert by another lady; she had an expression on her face that bluntly yelled: "Oh boy, I so don’t want to be here," making me felt guilty. In addition, she had enormously (for people working in the food-service industry) long, partially broken, and unclean looking nails. I would rather have gotten up and got clean silverware myself.

Why I am taking time to describe this? Because I believe that Bulla is place of a great potential with delicious food and pleasant ambiance, that is about to be killed by poor service. Maybe a "less is more" approach would be a good solution: cut the amount of staff, and leave only those, who truly contribute to the friendly and hospitable atmosphere of the place.

Compliments: ENSALADA DE PULPO with grilled octopus, and tuna with mango TARTAR were amazing and became my new favorites. Sangria made with blonde ale was delicious and refreshing.

We hope to be back for another, better experience.

1  Thank Irisha-FL

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Bulla Gastrobar is one of the reasons why you should visit Orlando instead of the usual parks. The staff was on point, the food superb, the ambiance amazing and Felix (the chef) is world class. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

We have eaten at Bulla numerous times and cannot fault either the food or the service. The wine selection is good and happy hour times work well. We ordered a bottle of wine during happy hour and yook it to our table last time. We have been seated in different areas of the restaurant and each works well. There is just enough space between tables that you can have private conversation but also 'people watch' if you like.

Sunday brunch is great, the french toast with chocolate hazelnut sauce is to die for.
This is one of our favourite places.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

We visited Bulla on a Thursday night for my dad's 60th birthday. The restaurant wasn't too busy when we first arrived and the service was good. We looked at the menu and picked about six or seven things to share and a cocktail each to try. The cocktails were good, but the food was completely underwhelming. The best item was the codfish fritters. Everything else was bland and void of flavor. At one point I ordered another drink and 30 mins later still no drink.... I do not think I will be returning here. I prefer to spend my money on good food, not mediocre. Bulla needs a menu redevelopment or it won't last.

Denise E, Director of Sales at Bulla Gastrobar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Dear Guest,

Please excuse my late response. We want to thank you for the feedback. We are very sorry to hear that food didn’t meet your expectations and service was not up to par. We have shared this information with our Chef and Managing Partner for improvements and we will like to invite you back and offer you the amazing experience you were expecting. Please email me your information (Name/Phone) and if you remember the date of your visit (server name/time) I’ll really appreciated. cmanza@centurionrestaurantgroup.com

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Great place to share the various tapas! The MC Foie is a MUST!! Great variety of food and the white sangria is amazing.

Come and enjoy and share the tapas!!

Enjoy!