“A Life time experience with Sharksssss”

Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures
Reviewed 3 May 2018

If you want to feel Sharksss.. this is the boat you would want to go with. Jim is the founder of "Tiger beach" so he and his crew knows what they are doing.

First: The boat carries tons of bait + they fish fresh fish all the time so you will get to see Tiger sharks, lemon sharks, bull sharks, oceanic sharks every dive. We saw Hammer head for four days straight so was told a bit lucky for that.

The dive: shallow no deeper than 15 meters, mostly sitting on the bottom watching all the sharks showing. The dive is "unlimited", you can dive as long as your air allow and as many dive as you can. They can do night dive too. The crew take turns going into the water so there will always be a staff down there with you. The only obstacle is the "Weather" so luck does help a bit here.

Safety: Sharks are sharks, they really know what they are doing so follow their rules and you will be fine.

The boat: Nice, clean, comfy but not a large boat. The food is excellent!!! always snack on the table all day.

Service: The crew are really nice, friendly, always help us getting in and out of the water and very attentive. We had a lot of laugh when we were on the boat.

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"bimini"
"liveaboard"

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I just returned from a trip to Tiger Beach and Bimini. One couldn't ask for a better crew. Very professional, very helpful, attending and friendly. I have been on many liveaboards around the world over the years and most of them are truly very good. Jim Abernethy's Shearwater crew was outstanding. Captain, Colin Crawford very knowledgeable. He also helped me with my broken second stage. Additionally zooming gear on my camera housing broke and he somehow managed to fix it. No idea what he did but it works and I could keep taking pictures. Shawn is a Gourmet cook. First class dining every day. All meals always delicious. V.G. extremely helpful, always. Working very hard. Stan always working hard on deck. Great experience and I will certainly recommend Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures to every diver. Well worth every dollar spent.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

My family and I joined Jim, Collin, Shawn, and Dillon on a Tiger / Great Hammerhead expedition to Tiger Beach. I am still trying to find the words to describe this trip and am still in utter amazement, nearly a week later. Jim's passion for both sharks and the environment is infectious and rubs off on everybody around him. The same goes for Collin, Shawn, and Dillon. These are people who love what they're doing and that only makes them better at their job.
The food went beyond my expectations for a liveaboard (well done, Shawn!). Even though we missed two days of diving due to bad weather, Jim and co. did everything in their power to make sure we didn't feel that we were missing days of diving. They succeeded. When we were able to dive, the crew made sure we were able to maximize our time in the water.
The diving was stunning and the shark encounters were shockingly close and frequent. However, not once did I feel endangered. The crew gives you an extensive briefing on how to successfully (and safely) dive with large sharks and, when you follow these rules, you feel completely safe in the water. The crew doesn't feed any of the sharks, especially with divers in the water, which makes the operation even safer. The sharks got VERY close and we were fortunate enough to have had Emma (the tiger) and Pocahontas (the great hammerhead) on multiple days.
Again, I am struggling to find the words to adequately describe this trip. You pay to get up close and personal with large sharks and we got more than our money's worth. The crew was fantastic and if you go on this trip, you'll learn more about the true nature of sharks in their natural habitat than you could've imagined (and you'll be within arms reach of them on EVERY dive). Already in the works on finding a way to come back for another trip!

1  Thank rwalsh56
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Jim Abernethy is the shark whisperer. I have never heard of or seen any other trip that gives you such amazing contact with sharks. On my last trip (I have been on more than one trip with him) we had five tiger sharks at once, we had tigers and hammers and bulls at the same time. Not to mention the sweet reef sharks and lemon sharks that are a constant presence. Even better, he and the crew will give you great underwater photo tips and editing tips, and take photos of you that you will get at the end of the trip. The food on the boat is great. You can spend as much time in the water as you want within ND limits. Jim has a lot of repeat customers. I would go again in a heartbeat. Extra tip.... extend your time in West Palm Beach and do a manatee dive.

1  Thank Michele H