Open today: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm

Reviewed 20 March 2023
Anne A
Atlanta, Georgia
via mobile
Open water and hot sandy beaches.

You can see for miles, over the open water. Several pavillions are available to keep you out of... read more

Reviewed 19 June 2022
June G
St. Augustine, Florida

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews shallow water nice beach picnic tables few hours pavilions dolphins
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 April 2023

The old white guy on the gate is rude. I was about to pay the gate and he said “ do you speak english?” just because I have a brown skin doesnt mean I dont know how to. and why would you even ask that for a person who id about to pay the entrance. I said yes and he said “ Just asking”. SO RUDE”and i find it as being racist stereotyping brown skin people to not know how to speak english.

Date of experience: April 2023
1  Thank catherine g
Reviewed 4 April 2023 via mobile

The pictures do not do this place justice.

Pros:

- limited parking keeps the crowds away and it feels like a private beach.
- water is shallow very far out
- modest waves
- amazing sunsets
- concessions
- very very clean
- dolphins and wildlife

Cons:

During spring break or summer months get there before 10am or come after 3pm. They lock the gate and there is no where to park in the area. It’s not a fair con because it’s just popular as the only real beach nearby.

I see signs that say to watch for barnacles on the rocks. Others have mentioned being cut. Stay off the rocks and consider wearing water shoes. I walked on the rocks barefooted and also saw many people without shoes on and seemed fine!

Date of experience: April 2023
1  Thank Chupacabra5
Reviewed 20 March 2023 via mobile

What a lovely surprise to find this relaxing beach when I had a few hours to spare. Very clean. Plenty of sitting options in the shade (and out of the rain) during my visit. Nice having a changing room so I didn’t have to change in the bathroom. Great place to go and sit and watch people and children having fun.

Date of experience: March 2023
Reviewed 16 March 2023 via mobile

Weeke Wachee was a very nice area, slower pace very nice beach we would go back. Restaurants were fairly easy to get into. You may be had to wait a little bit but not like going to the Saint Pete’s area.

Date of experience: March 2023
Reviewed 19 February 2023

Beach has shallow water a ways out so is good for kids, also has a big playground. There are cold-water showers and changing rooms. Can be tough to find a place to park.

Date of experience: February 2023