All reviews old florida small bathroom short drive an older hotel comfortable bed venice avenue nice pool beaches
Reviewed 2 September 2018

This is a nice low priced piece of Florida Art Deco in the downtown area of Venice.
I loved the charm of the place was well as the room. Ive stayed in many 5 star hotels but this place had the warm feel of old Florida close to Venice Beach, ( 2 or 3 blocks) and near shops , bars, & restaurants.

Room tip: Room 12 was good.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2018

This is an older hotel with lots of charm. It is just a short drive to many restaurants and beaches. The rooms are very nice and the beds were extremely comfortable. What really blew us away was the courtyard. Lush tropical feel with beautiful plants, games and a nice pool. great placed to sit and have coffee in the morning. The owners are so kind. We ask about one of the beautiful plants in the courtyard and she went out of her way to find out what kind of plant it was. I recommend this stay to anyone traveling.

Room tip: All the rooms have access to the courtyard and pool.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2018

The nicest owners. Spotlessly clean. Perfect location. Nice little pool. Cute motel. Best price. There really is no reason to stay anywhere else in Venice. We loved it and I highly recommend it to all travelers!

Room tip: The motel is not large and all the rooms looked good to me.........we stayed in #14 and it was perfect.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2018

I'm guessing the Island Breeze Inn was build sometime in the mid-50's, when people were smaller and wood was plentiful. Located on Venice Island, the property is 3 blocks south of Venice Avenue and is within easy walking distance of a million shops and eateries. The rooms, as mentioned, are Lilliputian, but spotless with a very comfortable bed (i'm guessing a Serta Perfect Sleeper). The bathroom is almost comically small, there's barely room for your legs when sitting on the throne (I'm only 5'8", if you're taller, good luck). All that being said, the price was right (about 80 bucks) the location is super-convenient, the staff very friendly and helpful.

Room tip: I stayed in room #11, right next to the office, and didn't hear a peep all night.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came up from Fort Myers, Florida for mini vacation. We decided to stay at this motel. The room was very clean and bed was new and put together nice. Rest of the room was very dated. The owners of the motel very nice. Definitely worth the money we paid to stay there. Close to the beach.