“Delicious food”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Huge portions of food, calzone is enormous, loaded with cheese and meats. Only accept cash. We were there during the pandemic and no one was wearing a mask, tables were not 6 feet apart. Very disappointing for that reason, but the food was plentiful and delicious.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank Cruiser536178
Write a reviewReviews (738)

Reviewed 16 January 2021

stopped in during the beginning of the pandemic. thought we could eat outside as it was lunch time. Upon entering found nobody in the entire restaurant except us! Yay! usually have LONG waits for Lunas. Wanted to go light as they usually give large amounts of food, so we ordered the mussels in tomato sauce. OMG they are the BEST Ive ever had. We enjoyed that lunch more than any other. lol By the time we left there were a couple of tables of people but we were definitely spaced apart. If not I would not have been in there. My only negative was the owner who I really like make some sarcastic remark about the pandemic which I thought was really inappropriate.. So so good though

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 11 January 2021

Waited AN HOUR for our food. Two ordered veal and said it was chewy and gristly. I had a veal sub. Veal was overdone and roll was toasted so much, it crumbled. My daughter liked hers and the portion was huge.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 4 January 2021

Today's review:

We've been to this restaurant many times in the past and my previous (4-star) review was based upon the taste and portionsof the food. Certainly not the cleanliness or the service. We love going to this place and we make it one of our first stops when we arrive here each winter.
This time, is completely different. They are completely thoughtless with regards to the pandemic and the health of their customers. No sanitizer available, not even an attempt at social distancing, and not 1 staff member including the owner were wearing a mask. The (bare-faced) waiter walked right up to our table, leaned in nice and close and asked to take my order. When I asked him to take a step back, he gave "The Face" and treated me like I was the crazy one. Obviously, here they believe it's all a hoax.
If they can't be careful during a pandemic, I can only imagine what the kitchen hygienic practices are like in normal times. Absolutely disgraceful.
We will never step foot in this place again.

ORIGINAL REVIEW (2018):

Luna is a great place to enjoy dinner with a group or just the 2 of you. The food is served family style with huge portions in large bowls or platters. One plate of anything is plenty for 2 adults. But most of my friends order one main course each, share, and still take home plenty of leftovers. The sauces are very authentic and delicious, and your dinner always begins with freshly baked bread. Leave the plastic at home though, because they only accept cash or check (cheque).
My favourite is any pasta dish with the "Mario" sauce.
The only reasons I don't give 5 stars is that they are so busy that there is often a bit of a wait to get your food, and the wooden table tops are old and often a little sticky. The owner is kinda grumpy too.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank L8333SZdanielc
Reviewed 12 October 2020

I love this restaurant. We have been here many, many times. Luna is a casual restaurant, the owners float around and converse with the diners, the wait staff treats diners as if they were in their own houses. Giant, family style portions; most entrees can serve three. Their menu is vast yet easy to navigate; certainly something for every palate. There is no better word than “delicious” for their home made bread. If you want great Italian food, go here; a lot of good food at a good price.

Date of visit: October 2020