“Fantastic Selection of Lagers & Pilsners In a Nice Tap-room Off the Beaten Path.”

BarrieHaus Beer Co.
Ranked #896 of 2,477 Restaurants in Tampa
Neighbourhood: Historic Ybor
Description: BarrieHaus Beer Co. is a community-centered microbrewery founded on the passion of family tradition, a love of innovation, and the enjoyment of world-class lager beer. With 150-years of brewing history, we serve unique craft lagers and ales to families and friends in a one-of-a-kind historic environment in Ybor City. In our warm rustic atmosphere, you can kick back and relax while tasting the modern interpretation of our family’s rich brewing heritage.
Reviewed 3 April 2021

Great craft brewery located just outside of the 7th Ave Ybor Strip (2 minute walk). If your palate prefers lagers and pilsners you are going to want to stop by the Barriehaus - probably the only craft brewery in Tampa with a focus on that style. My wife and I sampled all their beers they had on tap and we enjoyed all them.

Their tap room is well designed and decorated with an ample seating in the common area as well as outdoor seating. The bar-top is a generous L-shaped copper bar top that seats about 15-20 people (when COVID passes - ) . Their social distancing policy is also good (employee and patron safety seems to be a priority) You should feel pretty comfortable when visiting.

The service was friendly, attentive and helpful with beer selection recommendations.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (4)
Reviewed 23 February 2021

This is a nice unassuming place only two blocks south of 7th Avenue in Ybor. There was street parking when I arrived at 6 PM but I'm not sure how long it lasts. Staff are friendly, there's indoor seating and a beer garden and a good selection of beers though do note it leans German style.

Date of visit: February 2021
2  Thank Sal_Paradise767
Reviewed 15 February 2021

We arrived just before BarrieHaus opened and seated ourselves at a table outside. They had the code posted on the tables so we were able to check out the menu while we waited. Once open, the server came to the table to take our order. I asked for samples of a couple of beers and my husband got an IPA. I chose the hefeweizen, which had a subtle orange flavor, really nice. A few more people came in and seated themselves. One was a couple of dads with their young teenage sons, who entertained us playing the oversized Jenga game that was set up outside. The only thing I didn't like was the choice of music. The rap music with fairly offensive lyrics was a pretty huge turnoff for me. Most of the patrons were late 30s and up and that target audience would probably have preferred something different. Not to mention the appropriateness of playing it where kids are clearly welcome.

Date of visit: February 2021