Review Highlights
Absolutely the worst !!!

I booked a week long car rental and paid months in advance. There were 22 people in front of me at... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
erichW9577AJ
Syracuse, New York
via mobile
Not worth the discount. Horribly disorganized. Misleading liars

We rented a car at Denver and made a reservation 4 months in advance. Don’t know why we bothered... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago

from US$76.95
from US$92.22
from US$45.27
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If I could give negative stars I would. They left us stranded at the airport with no "free shuttle". We finally called a lyft and got to their lot where we were told their shuttle was broken down. We got a vehicle for 2 days. We had an original reservation that we were unable to cancel or extend. So we had to do 2 separate reservations. When we came back after 2 days to switch cars for the second reservation they would not rent us a car because we did not have a return flight. When asked why they rented us one the first 2 days then AND charged us $400 security deposit they said the employee should have never rented a car to us to begin with and he has been reprimanded. And basically told us we are out of luck. We then went to Avis and had absolutely no issue. We will see how long before we get our 400 back.

I'm a travel nurse coming to the community to vaccinate. I am appalled at this behavior and this company. Buyer beware! They are backhanded and sketchy.

Date of experience: February 2021
1  Thank staceybU3247LE
Reviewed 19 January 2021 via mobile

AVOID...pay extra for the other agencies and save the headaches.

I arrived at 12:30am and was told they are closing in 10 minutes. What proceeded in the next 15 minutes was total lack of professionalism. I'm a seasoned traveler and have rented from all rental car agencies at the TPA locations without issues.

Below is the list of what transpired with male agent that was working on Wednesday January 6th 12:30am - 1am

1. The male agent was rude from the beginning saying that we had 13 minutes to get this done or he was leaving as his shift was over.

2. When asking me to provide an additional emergency number I told him the number multiple times he kept having issues hearing me, kept on telling me I'm giving him the wrong number and I didn't give him a correct number I won't get the car.

3. Finally when he gave my paperwork he refused to walk to the car with me to inspect the car. Told me I can do it myself if I wanted. The car was parked in spot 21 all the way at the end of the lot. When I got back to the kiosk and told him the car was filthy, he said "this is what you paid for", that he was leaving and to work it out with the girl at the kiosk. It was now 1am and after a long day of travel I gave up and took the car.

This car had issues. The left tire constantly had to be refilled. The latch to open the gas tank had the protective cover missing causing me to cut my finger. When I mentioned this to the returning agent said " nothing I can do for you go talk to the people in the kiosk". The line in the kiosk was 4 deep and I had a flight to catch.

This type of customer service is UNACCEPTABLE.

SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE AND RENT FROM SOMEONE ELSE..

1  Thank BobDaManNJ
Reviewed 17 January 2021 via mobile

The company should please stop operation so other customers don't become victims of this scam. I have travelled recently to Fort Lauderdale FL. A trip I was really excited about because kids were stock at home for a while and I wanted to surprise them. A week before the trip I have made a reservation with Fox RENT A CAR. at Fort Lauderdale airport. I Picked Jeep Cherokee as a car for five people. I wanted a biger car because I have three small kids that still require car seat. I though around $200 for 2.5 days rental is pretty competitive yet the name Fox rental did not give me too much confidence. I have made a decision and wanted to try the company for the first time made the payment and I had a reservation sent to me via email. All confirmed I figured one less thing to warry about for the trip. On the day of the trip I printed out the paperwork and packed. The flight was smooth and we were landing on time at 10:20 PM Florida time. I Figured, the rental car is at the airport so that is the fastest way to get kids to the hotel room for a good night sleep. We waited for a shuttle for about 30 minut because of the covid-19 restrictions and finally where on the way to the rental car center. Upon arrival I quickly found the company Booth and stepped to the counter. I pulled my reservation and the young male customer service representative claiming to be the manger didn't even bother to look at it. His quick response was: "We are sold out, you will not be able to rent a car today" I froze and I did not even know how to react to his words. I turned around and looked at my wife and three little kids with their backpacks and giant car seats that I had to carry with me. My emotional state was something between sadnesses, frustration and anger. I turned back and wanted to hear this again as the first time was not clear enough. The representative repeated the statement once again like an answering machine. I wanted a solution to the situation. At 11pm with kids stuck at the airport without a car. He didn't care at all. I know he had no kids of his own because even if they sold out all cars even the RESERVED ones he would try to be understanding and try to help. He really didn't care . I started to raise my voice and his reply was "We will reimburse you money even though we normally don't do that." I thought at the moment that I will explode inside.
I stepped away from the counter as my wife saw me and stepped in to descalade the situation. He replied the same way as before.At that time I knew I was on my own in the middle of the night with kids stuck at the airport without a car. Unfortunately all other rental car companies only accepted RESERVATION which I had only to the wrong company (FOX RENT A CAR). I ordered lift for another fifty bucks to get us to hotel and I just wanted to go to bed. The question still bugs me what is the point of reservation if one doesn't respect it even after taking your money in advance to hold the reservation. Please stay far far away from FOX RENT A CAR I really hope companies like that go out of business sooner than later. Hope this review will help other travelers.

Reviewed 12 January 2021

When we arrived to pick up vehicle the line hd 20 customers in line. The line moved very slowly. Although I hd pid for vehicle already they still charged me additional fees. The vehicle received was all scratched-up with dents inside and out of the vehicle. The maintenance light was on inside the vehicle. The low tire air light was on. sometimes the vehicle started and sometime we had to wait a few minutes a try again. I called in and told them of all the issues and they said we had to come all the way back out to their location to get another vehicle in the middle of our vacation. terrible vehicle and terrible customer service!!!!!

2  Thank LisaMW614
Reviewed 5 January 2021 via mobile

Very bad customer service
They tried to give us a smaller car than booked and charged very expensive insurance
Never again