All reviews the hard rock casino front desk free shuttle until midnight state fairgrounds office park fresh fruit room was clean and comfortable the hotel offers one night stay checking in bagels ybor city hardrock cruise port channels
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 February 2020

I wanted to visit the Hard Rock Casino but refused to pay Hard Rock hotel prices. This Fairfield Inn was a good choice for us. Free shuttle on the hour to/from the casino until midnight. The rooms were clean and beds comfortable. This Fairfield Inn has coffee and ice water available for guests in the lobby at all times.

There is a complimentary breakfast in the morning which included scrambled eggs, sausages, bagels, English muffins, waffles, some fresh fruit, etc.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank Tracy R
Heather_Cannon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2020

Dear Tracy R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our location. Our dedicated team makes us the choice location with the convenience of the having a complimentary shuttle to and from the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino. Our complimentary breakfast offers great value to our travelers and we are glad you were able to enjoy it. We look forward to seeing you next time you come to stay and play at the casino.

Reviewed 10 February 2020

This hotel must be new to the Marriott family. Check in is the most important because it is the first impression. I work for a 4 Star Marriott property and being a Fairfield Inn I had low standards and somehow they still came up short. At check in she asked my last name, checked my I.D. Than gave me my keys. No welcome, thank you or anything. The room was not vacuumed and the walls had an outside stucco like texture. The ad stated remodeled in 2017 but I couldn’t tell where. Breakfast was horrible and the only hot options (eggs and sausage) were not edible. Seemed to be microwaved. I guess you get what you pay for but being a Marriott property I expected better. They were lucky my visit wasn’t for a brand audit.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank chucklewis515
Heather_Cannon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2020

Dear chucklewis515,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I can assure you that our team takes great pride in the property to ensure we meet and exceed the brand expectations. While we are not a full service property as you are familiar, we offer great value in the services we provide with clean rooms and suites, complimentary breakfast buffet, shuttle services, and more. I am sorry this was not reflected in your experience and we will be sure to share your review with our team.

Reviewed 11 January 2020

Stayed here one night prior to cruise. Price was substantially below comparable hotels in Ybor City. Ybor is closer to port and restaurants but twice the price. Fairfield is comfortable and offers a reasonably priced shuttle to the cruise ship

Dear Marc N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We strive to offer value to our guests with our amazing team, convenient location, and competitive prices. It is great to see that was reflected during your visit to our property. We hope you enjoyed your cruise and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 10 January 2020 via mobile

Stayed here one night in town because we're cruising to Cozumel Mexico. This is your typical Fairfield inn hotels,My room was very clean . Check in was easy and fast. I would definitely stay here again.this hotel can save you some money, they will drop you off at the cruise terminal and pick you up free of charge. If you park your car at the Port of Tampa they will charge you $25 per day.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Heather_Cannon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2020

Dear pwilson1344,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds Casino. Our shuttle and cruise parking special offers great convenience and value making our location ideal for cruise travelers. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again. Happy cruising!

Reviewed 9 January 2020

Hi,

I'm a frequent traveler for both business and personal.I have stayed in the best and worst of hotels domestically and internationally. I am Gold with Marriott, which occassionally gets me an upgrade. I chose this hotel as it is relatively close to the TPA airport and the rate was $175-ish compared with +$260 at similar properties around the airport.

The hotel is 1.5 miles or so from the casino and the hotel offers a shuttle that runs on the hour. The shuttle service was great and the young lady driving was a pleasure to talk to as I was the only person on the bus both ways. I'm not a casino person, however I went for dinner as they have a very good Asian restaurant there. There wasn't much else around the hotel other than a Wendy's,

The lobby of this property has been recently updated and looks great. Check-in was easy and the front desk folks were very friendly. My room #324 was clean, however very tired looking. It was also +80 degrees in the room. When I attempted to turn the AC on, the wall switch didn't work. I picked up the house phone to call for maintenence and the phone didn't work either. I went downstairs to change rooms which I did very efficiently.

I was moved to room #322 (next door), which was a suite. Significantly larger and clean, however still very tired. All was well until I went to bed and turned on the TV. Unfortunately, the TV only picked up around 11 channels. What was strange was the TV in the other room worked perfectly. Any way, I got by. Checkout was easy and I made my way back to TPA.

To recap:

Employees were great, A+
Convenience to airport was okay ~ 20 minutes away
Rooms (both) were clean
Hotel overall is tired and needs a facelift in the rooms

Would I stay here again, maybe. Thanks for reading and safe travels!

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Ednedfred,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. Our team is dedicated to providing the service you have come to expect and it is great to see that was reflected in your experience. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you encountered with your guest room. We will ensure these issues are promptly reviewed and addressed. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to the Tampa area.