Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Matt S
Brighton, Michigan

Comfortable stay, but.....

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Jan 2023
All in all I had a comfortable three-night business stay at this relatively older location...but with a couple of negatives I felt needed to be pointed out.

Positives first - the location was good for where I needed to be. The staff throughout was very friendly. The bed was comfortable, leading to a couple of nights of good sleeping. And the staff was very responsive to a couple of my requests (for the most part...except for multiple requests for room coffee refills, which I still had to go down to the desk for each time).

So the coffee refills were bothersome. Also only one bar of soap provided throughout my stay. Which leads me to the biggest complaint......no housekeeping provided at all for my three night stay...with the absurd "It's for your safety and convenience, and is a new standard" language provided. Well, no, it's not what I want, and it's only a "new standard" for Hilton brands, which is why I'm switching most of my business stays to another brand. I'm also not a fan of the "food credit" instead of free breakfast for Diamond members...the food credit doesn't even cover the cost of a very average/minimal breakfast plus tip. These two items (housekeeping and food credit) certainly are not what keeps folks loyal to the brand. I understand these might be more a chain-wide policy than individual location issue...but, regardless, I experienced them here, so my review reflects that.

The last negative is that the restaurant and lobby furniture were in really bad shape, with very visible large stains.

I gave this place four stars because of the good night sleep and staff friendliness...but it was very close to being a three-start based on the above items.
Date of stay: February 2022
    $220
  • Skyscanner.com
0.2 km from Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee
View more hotels in Tallahassee
All reviews great place to stay nice stay hgi lobby fsu mattress
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 January 2023

Very friendly front desk greeting , room was spacious and very quiet. My husband made it our hotel when traveling through Tallahassee, Florida. We were returning to Birmingham from a 7 day cruise. We were tired from all the fun we had . We were greeted at the front desk by a very friendly man who liked my husband's name. We were all laughing having a good time checking in.

Date of stay: January 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2022 via mobile

Friendly staff. Room comfortable with everything in working order. Breakfast was great and reasonable prices. We get a $10 credit as Diamond Honors member. They did not charge what was over the $10. The only downside was a very cold lobby and breakfast area. Doors directly opened to outside and it was c extremely cold out for this area (cold snap).

Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2022 via mobile

This place was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was amazing. I really like this place. There was always coffee in the lobby which I love. The location was very convenient. If I was going back to the area, I would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2022

My company stationed me in the area for holiday leasing work. I had a King room with free breakfast at HGI. That was a relief, because I needed to rest big time in a large, soft, semi-firm mattress. I was Exhausted!! Hilton to the rescue. Thank you Bianca, Fredrika, La Dulce & her sister for helping me. I slept well & sure needed the peace!

Date of stay: November 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 10 October 2022

Super caring and cooperative staff . Highly recommended to everyone.
Food was very good with good options.
People greetings will make your day for sure.
It was quick response even if you make reservation at counter and will help you to get room of your choice.

Date of stay: October 2022