Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Betty T
Atlanta, Georgia

Decent hotel

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 May 2024via mobile
I stayed for two weeks the first half of May. During that time my room was cleaned regularly and the linens were changed. Everyone was pretty friendly. The breakfast bar was clean and there was a decent amount of food for breakfast. They also had oat milk. It’s the usual hotel continental breakfasts nothing out of the ordinary. I don’t understand why everyone expects a lot for hotel breakfasts

My only con is the carpet could use cleaning.
Date of stay: May 2024
    $200
  • Skyscanner.com
8.5 km from Springhill Suites By Marriott Tallahassee Central
View more hotels in Tallahassee
All reviews shower room sleeping area front desk staff nice hotel oatmeal complimentary breakfast hot items would stay here again sink fsu couch roomy college capital bedding campus graduation
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 May 2024

I have stayed at a multitude of Springhill Suites and have to say this one lacks any hospitality. I wish I had read the reviews before booking.... Literally every single employee at the front desk during my stay while I passed back and forth was hunched over/leaning on the front desk avoiding any eye contact or interaction with the guests or they had a friend (non-employee) that they were too busy talking to. As I was passing the desk to check out - No one was there to assist so I just left my keys. Hello! .. This is what you are there for - YOU ARE IN THE HOSPITALITY BUSINESS!! It's like they can't find any good help so mediocre will do....

Pros and Cons -

Pros -
The room was clean, spacious and the A/C worked 100% fine. Breakfast was good also - nothing fancy but adequate.

Cons -
The bed is absolutely horrible. I am glad I traveled with my own pillows, or I would have checked out and into another hotel. How hard is it to replace your mattresses when literally every recent review speaks on the bad mattresses?

The hallways in the building are like humid swamps - not sure why..?

Date of stay: May 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2024

seriously one of the worst hotels we have ever stayed at. The deadbolt on the door didn't work properly and when addressing it with the front desk person she said "the building is old, it's gonna happen" --wrong answer, the lock should work regardless of the age of the building. She suggested to jiggle the handle--ok what happens when it just doesn't work and you can't get in/out of your room???? We should have left then as it only got worse.
The beds was horrible-springs literally poking into your back. We went to Target and purchased 2 mattress toppers to make it the 2nd night. there were also stains on the side of the bed that may have been blood. the ceiling looked like it might fall in and was poorly patched. the shower glass was loose, which is a safety hazard. the wall paper was coming off the wall. the curtain was coming down. We stopped at the front desk the 2nd night to get a sheet to cover purchased mattress topper and also asked for extra wash clothes. The girl didn't care that we had to purchase mattress topper and offered no apology for our experience. sheets were provided however the girl said they were out of clean wash clothes-offered no solution. There was only 3 wash clothes in the room--why if there is room for 6 people to sleep?? We only had 3 people, but if they aren't going to clean the rooms daily, at least have them available if someone wants one or put extra in the rooms. I do not appreciate having to use a dirty wash cloth the 2nd day after being out sweating and gross at a softball tournament. We would have just checked out and went somewhere else, however we were on a tight schedule and didn't have time to do this. the only good thing was the AC worked decently, however the controls had a sign taped over them that they didn't work. all staff we encounter were completely unhelpful and didn't care that there was an issue--go work somewhere else! summary--.horrible beds, dirty, no linens, rude staff, poorly maintained building we travel regularly for work and sports. we will think twice before staying at a Marriott anywhere, and will definitely never stay at this location ever again.

room 203--don't do it

Room tip: go somewhere else-don't do it
Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2024 via mobile

Here for a robotics competition and someone else was nice enough to book rooms for the team. I got my own room at the same place so it would be easier to coordinate with the team. I usually only stay at Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn, but these rooms sleep more and that was a necessity to keep cost down for the team. This was definitely a wake up call: no matter if I’ve ever had an issue at either of my preferred hotels (I haven’t), it would still be a thousand times better than this.

Pros: there is a separate shower area with a sink from the room with a toilet and sink. This does make it easier if you are in the shower and the other person in the room needs to use the restroom. There is also a frosted glass partition on the desk between the beds and sitting area that makes it nice if two people of the opposite sex are changing. The front desk is nice and efficient.

Cons: the beds are HORRIBLE. And I don’t mean a little bit, the beds and pillows are so uncomfortable that I have a pain in my back and neck that just keeps getting worse every night. There are reviews from earlier in the year of people complaining about the beds and pillows and StaySuites gave a copy and pasted “we strive to exceed our expectations” and “we will address this” crap, but I can assure you it’s all words and no actions. These beds need to be burned.

The room isn’t clean. First night I go to plug up my cord for my phone and the amount of dust behind the bedside table is ridiculous. My son is allergic to dust, so of course he’s sneezing like crazy.

The bathroom doors do not shut all the way. Obvious problems there.

The breakfast isn’t just a little limited, it’s a lot. The first morning we actually just left and went to McDonalds. The food was over cooked, very little selection, the juices actually taste completely watered down and the oatmeal was 98% water and more like a drink with a little oats in it. No pastries, no waffles/pancakes, coffee is bad, no flavored creamer (I’ve been spoiled, I guess, at Holiday Inns and Hampton Inns.)

Shower pressure is bad, I seriously didn’t think I’d get my hair rinsed.

Overall, I have stayed at a Marriott before and wasn’t overly impressed, but it wasn’t bad. This is bad.

Save yourself and go elsewhere.

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2024

Worst and hardest matress and pillows I have ever seen in a Marriott. The bed was so uncomfortable! I have been staying in Marriotts for many years for personal and business and the bedding was akin to a one star hotel. Horrible and I was up all night due to the mattress. I was shocked this bedding was even purchased for a Marriott brand.

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kelly W
LATEMPEST King, General Manager at Springhill Suites By Marriott Tallahassee Central, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2024

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We will inform our Engineering team about all maintenance issues. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Please come stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 6 January 2024

I am a fairly tolerant business traveler but had to contact Marriott about this place. The floor would have been more comfortable to sleep on and the shower more effective if somebody spit water on me through a straw. We checked out after one night and went to another hotel - and Marriott's response so far has been to offer me points, which I don't want. I believe this place is a perfect representation of what the chain is doing - shaving services and costs to barely tolerable levels to ensure their stock price stays up...it is not because of "post-COVID revenue recovery", or whatever tripe they try to shill in the news.

It also doesn't matter if this location is a franchise - it should be held accountable to a certain set of standards and if what we experienced what acceptable to Marriott, it's time to move on to another brand that doesn't squeeze its customers as obviously as this corporation's cash grab has become. Note I said "obviously"...they all do it. Marriott just makes it more obvious.

But, if you DO end up staying here out of desperation - ask for a room on the fourth floor. It's a wood framed building which means you will think you are under a dance hall or bowling alley otherwise.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else.
Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
LATEMPEST King, General Manager at Springhill Suites By Marriott Tallahassee Central, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2024

We always try to provide the best service to all guests. And on this occasion, we did not exceed our basic expectations. Our hotel has always taken pride in ensuring our guests have the feeling of being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery. We do take our guests and their wellbeing seriously and hope to meet our guest expectations. I would also like to apologize for your overall experience here at our property. We will speak with our team regarding all issues that you have incurred. This will be an isolated incident that my team will learn from to ensure no one receives the same type of services.