“Can’t put 0 but it deserves it”
Review of Mangrove Mama's

Mangrove Mama's
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Oh my god!!!!!!! Gordon Ramsey should come over here ! The worst place ever. Food was not good, served strangely ! Who served cold potatoes salads and red bean With sauce with a Fish!!! Put some rice, normal veggies!
I think this place is ok to have a drink but for dinner.... RUN!!!!

Maybe it’s because i am European but don’t play with food! It’s a real job

1  Thank B_Traveller_C84
Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

This place is at mile marker 20 on Route 1. We love this place. We have had breakfast, Lunch and dinner here and enjoyed every meal.

For breakfast I had the biscuits and gravy that was amazing. It’s a little different then what I’m used to but I like this so much better.

For lunch my husband had their Black and blue Mahi fish sandwich which he said was great. I had a bite of it and it was really good

The waitress told me to get their blacken Mahi tacos and that was a great choice. I’ve had blacken tacos before but these were the best.

So if you want to try some place outside of Key West you have to try this place you will not be disappointed

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Fun island restaurant with lots of outdoor seating & live music! Our initial service was a bit slow, but the food & follow up service made up for it! The potato salad was awesome! Great place for a casual dinner!

Reviewed 15 April 2018

You have to look more closely these days to find a breakfast place that opens fairly early and isn't closed because of Irma. Mangrove Mama's endures and, while 8 AM isn't very early, it was early enough when we visited. This is the kind of low-key, very casual place with atmosphere that we love. We aren't generally fans of bright, shiny, upscale places. The service was fast and pleasant, and our food was well-prepared. The prices were very reasonable. We chose indoor seating, but there is an outdoor section that is kind of a shady patio that shields you from most traffic noise.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

I visited Mangrove Mama's on Sunday, April 8th for their Sunday Brunch Buffet. I am a local resident of the Keys and not a visitor. I have been to this restaurant many times and always the food and service is good. However, my Sunday breakfast was ruined by the owner and his dog. I will preface my review by saying I am a local business GM and know the Monroe County health code that all restaurants must abide by very well.. a very sweet older dog was begging at our table, panting on our food and scratching itself. We shooed it away several times, but unfortunately my son made the mistake of giving it a bit of bacon, so it would not leave. At that point I was not enjoying my dining experience so I asked for the check so we could leave. The waitress summoned the owner, not at my request, and he proceeded to disrespect me in from of my son, who has a Spectrum Disorder. The owner said verbatim " Its the Keys, quit your b*tching." I am absolutely appalled at his unprofessional words and behavior. I chose to give my money to this local business for my Sunday breakfast, and the owner absolutely disrespected me as his customer. The owner would not even give me a chance to speak, kept over riding me and berating me about how he was trying to get his restaurant under control and usually the dog is kept in the office, and actually walked away without resolving the issue with his paying customer. Yes, many business establishments in the Florida Keys allow non service animals to roam freely and/or visit their locations. This is the magic that is the Florida Keys. However, I do not expect an animal that is not under the control of a leash to be begging at my table while I am trying to enjoy my only day off of work this week at a restaurant while I am trying to eat. What I expected was someone to apologize for the issue, and that's all it would have taken. I did not expect the owner of all people to verbally abuse me as if I was in the wrong. And I will end this by saying I wasn't even going to say anything, it was his waitress who summoned him and he escalated it unnecessarily. Sir, You shouldn't alienate your local patrons. They support your business in the lean months when the Tourists are gone. It's an absolute shame you chose to be confrontational, rude and disrespectful. Your verbal disrespect towards me angered my son who as I stated has a Spectrum Disorder. As a fellow business manager, I can say that I NEVER would have handled the situation in such a manner, with such a lack of respect and regard for a customer who is giving you their money, supporting your business.