Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
LoveFS

How Does One Define “Quality?”

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Jun 2023via mobile
Our recent stay at Quality Inn in Stuart made us question the word “quality.”
The first room we were given had vinyl flooring rather than carpet, a bathroom with chipped paint and fixtures, a broken refrigerator, and a leaky toilet.

We asked for a room change and the second room was much nicer looking with carpet, a more pleasant bathroom with a functioning toilet, and a working refrigerator. As each of our three days progressed we had several things break down including g a burned bulb in the floor lamp, an explosion sound outdoors that blew out the cable and a gurgling toilet that would not flush well. Eventually the TV would not turn on.

With all these inconveniences, the staff were extremely helpful, professional, and prompt in addressing our needs. We were grateful for them as our stay was challenging. The only issue they could not fix was the wafting cigarette smoke that came in near our room as we were housed near two exits.
Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
$163
  • HIExpress.com
    $189
9.0 km from Quality Inn Stuart
Free parking
Guest room with queen bed
  • Choice Hotels
    $153
1.3 km from Quality Inn Stuart
View more hotels in Stuart
All reviews room was clean older hotel breakfast bar waffles gm closet
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 June 2023 via mobile

Very pleasant, helpful staff. Older hotel but very clean with silky smooth sheets and lots of hot water. Poolside room was quiet. Breakfast bar in morning and micro/small fridge & coffee pot in room. Just around the corner from the historic district of Stuart, FL.

Room tip: Casual rib & fish restaurant adjacent to hotel.
Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2023 via mobile

I had low expectations, as we needed a pet-friendly hotel. Not what I expected for $170+. We found a used syringe in the bathroom and a wet, bloody washcloth in the nightstand. Check in was efficient and breakfast was adequate. Otherwise, NO

Room tip: Rooms obviously not thoroughly cleaned in between guests.
Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2023

We pre-paid a room but were told upon check-in that an undisclosed $100 deposit was required (probably indicative of issued previously experienced).
The room had no closet, just a few hooks in the hall, a first for us. The furniture was ratty and stained.
The breakfast was extremely minimal, the only things warm were toast and a waffle.
Upon checking out, the lady on duty just glared at us as though we were an imposition on her time.
We would never return.

Date of stay: December 2022
Reviewed 18 December 2022 via mobile

There were a few customers ahead of me upon walking in for checkin. As soon as I walked in customer #1 was looking down the hall for the employee. Upon finding the employee, customer #1 informed the employee the room customer #1 was assigned to had not been cleaned before his arrival - the bed wasn't even made, so it was pretty obvious it wasn't cleaned. Customer #2 said a comment about lazy housekeeping should be sent back to where they came from or something like that.  (I actually didn't hear the statement and it was later relayed to me by the employee). The employee didn't say anything. Customer #1 told customer #2 your racist. Customer #3 agreed it was racist. There was some back and forth and customer #1 stated he and could call his friend and beat up customer #2. Employee did and said nothing. It was so distressing I asked customer #3 for a hug. Thankfully customer #s 1 & 2 dropped it without physical violence. Customer #3 went to check in. A man - Customer #5 (I'm customer #4) - comes out of nowhere without shoes on and rudely interrupts customer #3s (a woman) turn and has a conversation with employee. Employee does not tell customer #5 to wait his turn and makes customers #3 and myself wait despite customer #5 jumping the line we have been waiting in for a while. Customer #3 didn't have a reservation and was told they were overbooked and unable to accommodate customer #3. My turn finally to check in. Checked in, there was some conversation including the employee telling of multiple murders in the area. Employee also said customer #5 skipped his deposit which wasn't allowed (gossip/disclosure). Employee told me I could hang out with him at desk or after his shift. I declined. Employee provided me with his phone number (unwanted, but I smiled, thanked employee, and tried to be polite not to embarrass or anger employee by rejecting employee). It is inappropriate and unprofessional for employee to pass phone number to a customer.  It made me very uncomfortable, but I tried to play it off. Was hoping to avoid employee for rest of stay. Pillow smells like perfume (no mine) so I get clean sheets from employee. I change sheets and I turns out it wasn't the sheets but the actual pillow. Gross - pillow needs to be washed. TRAIN noises very loud almost all night long. Room had a/c issue and was moved. Saw employee again another day and employee made me further uncomfortable by making comments how I hadn't called employee. Employee needs to take a hint. Employee again says I can hangout with him. I did not, but while I was getting keys replaced employee asked many personal questions which were invasive and unprofessional. For instance, what time do I go to bed?  Uncomfortable. Employee also claims employee does not know how pet fee works if it is included or not. I tell employee it appears website changed and pet fee appears included since the pet friendly designated rooms are higher rate by precisely the pet fee. Went away very upset at employees nosy questions and pressure to hang with employee, but smiled to mask it. I also needed numerous towels as there was significant standing water under ac and from mini refrigerator down several feet to the dresser. Eight towels was not enough to dry the area completely.  Employee told me they had no other rooms to move me to and no one to look at it or clean it until the next day, so I had to clean it. No compensation provided for inconvenience. Note website shows carpet in oery friendly rooms but this did not have carpet. Had to see employee a few additional times as almost every day since keys kept getting deprogrammed. (Side note: Wonder if the employee was coding them for a period of time shorter than my stay to force me to come down to the desk where employee can see me?) I ask a second time about pet fee and apparently employee did not bother to find answer. Employee again says I can hang out and asks inappropriate personal questions including who I was with, where I was at certain times, and again what time I go to bed. (Is employee watching me on cameras? Why so nosy? This is getting creepy). I inform employee he is disclosing my personal info to some other guests in the area and employee responded 'so what?' I point out that employee is creating a safety risk to me. I smile and try to be polite and not anger especially since had already seemed upset I didn't call etc. Employee tried to tell me now that it is a safe area. At some point employee also tells me about other guests #7&8 (more gossip/disclosure). Highly upset again after interacting with employee. Every time I have to go down there I feel sick knowing I have to interact with employee and despite trying to be pleasant I walk away even more upset than before I got there. Ended up writing a note and giving it to employee to back off. Sure enough I had to see employee again after when keys didn't work again. Employee didn't seem pleased and even raised his voice. Towels never dried after two days - room was too moist probably due to puddles of water that just keep coming out of a/c. Went to book/extend a few more days and was told by GM this pet fee is NOT included despite the rate for the room being higher (so basically the pet fee ends up as $40 per night - $20 increase in rate plus additional $20 they tack on separate). I let GM know about how employee was asked twice and employee said he didn't know how pet fee worked. GM said employee did know. Informed GM I was uncomfortable from employee and wanted to cancel extra nights. Also informed GM about water issues. GM said GM was unaware and wished I had raised them earlier. I could not because I feel I will anger employee and be retaliated against for mentioning these things about employee.  Made entire stay terrible. GM agreed to cancel nights without penalty, but time will tell what shows up on my credit card. Employee may still retaliate against me after disclosing all this.

Room tip: Get room overlooking pool to reduce train noises
Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 January 2022

The room is OK, but nothing special. The "You Can't Say We Didn't Have One Breakfast Buffet" was a big disappointment. Ice cold hard boiled eggs, dry cereal, instant oatmeal, yogurt, apples(no bananas), mini muffins, granola bars and cheap white bread for toast are the high lights. Coffee service is better in your room and the OJ was acidic, so I am glad I took my antacid. The TV channels consist of 20 Latino channels and 52 Music Choice channels. There doesn't seem to be a channel selection guide either printed or on screen and the Up channel button doesn't work, so you just have to jump through channels and hope you get lucky. The room was clean and the a/c-heat worked fine. There was an alarm clock, but plugging it in seemed to be a problem, so I didn't bother. The table lamps were dirty and could use an upgrade to the ones with usb ports and 110v outlets. There is a plug strip on the desk, but it's almost full and ugly. In short, I have done worse, but I have also paid less.

Date of stay: January 2022