“Worst beef in town.”

Southern Pig & Cattle Co.
Ranked #28 of 318 Restaurants in Stuart
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We have the best BBQ. We also have an amazing Salad bar which you can get alone or with meat. Come on in and sit and enjoy some great food and service and don't forget your free ice cream cone on the way out.
Reviewed 23 September 2023

I didn't know that you could slice beef so thin..sent meal back got the cheep version back. Fooled me once not twice.

Date of visit: August 2023

Reviewed 22 July 2023 via mobile

First time visit. Service was excellent. Pulled pork is soaked in sauce and it is difficult to discern any smoke flavor. Chicken breast was actually a breast sliced into two thin pieces and not that tasty. Fried okra was great. Cole slaw was great. Collards were ok. Cornbread was also good. Will not return.

Date of visit: July 2023
1  Thank Dan949A
Reviewed 7 May 2023 via mobile

We have eaten here in-house twice and taken out the Family Feast twice. Service is good, meat choice and portions are excellent. I gave them a 3 rating because the family feast sides portions are too small. They provide only half pint sized cup for each side. This is not sufficient for a family of 4. Further the quality of the sides are mediocre. The exception is the corn on the Cob which is overcooked. The take out Feast is not a good value for the cost.

Date of visit: May 2023
1  Thank Fish S
Reviewed 4 May 2023

This is our favorite casual place to go for consistently good, bbq. We typically choose 1/2 rack of baby-back ribs each. Service is quick and price is very, very reasonable. With one glass of house wine our bill with tip is under $50. The place to go for a simple, good meal.

Date of visit: May 2023
1  Thank Scott S
Reviewed 12 December 2022 via mobile

From the sign to the building it looked like an old-fashioned barbecue joint. Yes it had barbecue, yes it had steaks, yes it had a salad bar but that does not make a great restaurant. My wife and I visited she had baby back ribs I ordered a ribeye steak medium rare with the salad bar, and baked beans. The ribs had a hard crust on top that you had to dig the soft meat out underneath never saw that before. My steak was medium well, tough, and not very flavorful. The salad bar had canned pudding, canned pickled beets and other items not made on site. I'm never going to return and I don't care that they have three locations. I will say that the service was excellent and that our server took care of my issues immediately. I switched to some brisket and I've never seen brisket sliced so thin that I could see through it. Stuart Florida location I think needs a visit from the head chef and relook over what's being done.

Date of visit: December 2022