“All you can eat crab legs!”

Fourth Street Shrimp Store
Get food delivered
Ranked #25 of 863 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Have been two years in a row with excellent service, good crab, and you have to ask them to quit bringing out the crab!

Date of visit: July 2014
Write a reviewReviews (614)

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I've been going to the Shrimp Store four or five times a year for about 15 years or so. In the past few years, I had noticed that the food could be inconsistent. But after lunch today, I'm going to say that their standards have been raised.

I got something deceptively complex today (July 10): the grilled fish tacos and wow, was I surprised. I was served two 6-inch soft flour tortillas, each holding a filet of blackened basa with a mango sauce. Truth be told, this was easily some of the best fish tacos I may have ever tasted, The tacos were served with black beans and yellow rice any again, for what could have been a throwaway side dish, the beans and rice were surprisingly tasty.

Over the years, I've probably ordered almost everything on the menu. I didn't try my standard favorites today, the clam chowder and the new potatoes, but I'm betting they're both some of the best-tasting food at the restaurant.

I'm going to guiltily give the Shrimp Store three stars just because they've been so inconsistent in the past few years. But if they're just as good the next time I visit, I'd have no problem raising that to four stars.

1  Thank StPeteSaint
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have bèen eating here for years and are never dissapointed. The food is super fresh and priced very reasonably. My personal favorite is the clam strip basket and dont forget go try their clam chowder, it is great with tons of clams. If you are anywhere near St. Pete you have to try this place. The atmosphere is good for everything from a date to dinner with the kids

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I've been going to this place since the late 70s early 80s . The food is great, the prices are reasonable and the atmosphere simple. Great seafood at a great price, never a suprise here

Date of visit: June 2014
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great seafood and relaxed atmosphere. Fish spread and fried clam strips are fantastic! Great fish tacos as well.

Date of visit: June 2014