Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Heck of a day, would recommend to anyone

Reviewed 5 April 2020
juddman42
Would recommend to anyone interested

Reviewed 15 October 2019
Bill M

All reviews captain rios sardines mackerel sharks blast shells
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 April 2020

My girlfriend and I booked a charter with Capt. Rafael on very short notice and he accommodated us tremendously. He was an awesome captain that not only made the trip fun with his personality but also kept us on the fish the entire time. We boated multiple species including mackerel, seatrout, sharks, and black drum. Awesome charter at a great price, worth every penny!

Date of experience: March 2020
Reviewed 16 October 2019

We had a great day on the water. Captain Rafael was so good to the kids and I. We caught lots of fish and sharks and I’d love to do it all over again.

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed 30 September 2019

Wife and I stumbled into a local in John's pass that set us up on a half day charter with the spanish sardine. To be honest it seemed a little shady in the beginning, we gave a cash deposit to the guy in John's pass and was told to be at O'Neils in the morning. Captain Rafael Rios was set up and ready when we arrived. Immediately we loaded up and headed out to start fishing. We arrived and within a couple moments we were catching shark and catfish. After a couple hours of catching back to back fish we decided to go shelling. Rio's took us to a quiet island that was loaded with shells and wildlife. At the end of our charter Rafael let us in on a great "hole in the wall" resturant that had probably the best burger I ever ate. Captain Rios was spot on with everything from putting us on fish to where the good eats were. Highly recommend this guy, thank you Rafael for a great experience!

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 22 April 2019 via mobile

We had a fishing trip cancelled at short notice near Clearwater due to the weather but found Rafael by chance through a charter company in St John’s Pass.

After we had paid the deposit we were a bit sceptical but we couldn’t have been more wrong.

The winds were strong further out so we had to stay close to the shore which was sheltered with little wind at all and the weather was perfect.

We all caught fish including small shark which were carefully put back in by Rafael.

By the end of the trip our son was casting like a pro thanks to Rafael’s patience and our daughter had a great time too despite not being particularly keen on fishing.

Not a cheap half day (although Rafael’s prices are pretty much the same as other small charters) but great fun.

This is a small boat charter with a max of 4 people - very different to the bigger boats that may be cheaper but it is hard to see how they could be as much fun.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed 6 April 2019

We cannot say enough amazing words about our experience with Spanish Sardine fishing charter and captain Rafeal Rios. My wife and I took our 11 and 8 year old boys out on a shark fishing expedition....my oldest caught 10 sharks and youngest caught 5! Of everything we did in Florida which included resorts, amusement parks, etc....they both said this was their favorite part. My youngest even made a ceramic shark with Rafeal’s name on it to give it to Captain. From the time we set this trip up months prior via phone through when we finished up, Captain Rafeal made everything very easy and accommodating. You cannot find a better captain, fisherman, and gentlemen for a family trip. He’s a local who really knows the waters well and he’s really great with young kids. He can set up a charter based on your interest and preferences so if you have an older crowd that wants to catch and take home he does plenty of that...just check out his website. In closing, Spanish Sardine and Captain Rafeal are the only way to do a fishing charter if you’re in the Tampa Bay area. We are already planning our next trip to go see him and catch some more big ones!

Date of experience: April 2019