“Do it!!”

Coastal Kayak Charters
Ranked #1 of 34 Tours in St. Pete Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Our goal at Coastal Kayak Charters is to provide fun, safe, and informative kayak tours with an environmentally focused approach. We are an owner operated company offering those in the area the opportunity to get out and satisfy their adventurous side. Inspired by our love of kayaking and the marine environment, we have taken our own experiences as tour guides, environmental educators, and travelers to build a company that offers the kind of tours we would enjoy ourselves. We take pride in providing the best equipment of any company in the area combined with guides that have years of experience both locally and abroad to ensure a great time on the water. We truly love what we do and do our best to offer something other than the ordinary. All of our trips are designed for both beginners and experienced kayakers alike. We are open year-round and tours depart daily, weather permitting. We schedule our trips based on the most favorable tides for the day so tour times do vary.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

This certainly was the highlight of my vacation. Besides the beautiful backdrop that mother nature provided, the crew was the best. I cant say enough good things about these guys. They genuinely love what they do and they care about you having a great experience. They had limitless knowledge of the preserve, and wildlife and were so excited to share that knowledge. That alone just magnified the whole experience. And we saw the first manatee of the year!!! Thanks so much again guys! We will see you again next time we are in town!

CoastalKayakCharters, Owner at Coastal Kayak Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

We honestly had such a great time out kayaking with you and Lindsay, thanks so much for the awesome review. We really do love being able to do what we do but part of the adventure is getting to meet new people everyday and share the experience with them. So thanks again for joining us. If you make it back to St Pete look us up and we'll set out on a new adventure.....we were pretty excited about that manatee too!

All reviews
"sunset tour"
"marine life"
"open water"

Reviewed 2 May 2018

I booked a kayak trip with Coastal Kayak Charters for my family of 4 on our vacation to St. Pete Beach! When I called, I knew immediately it was going to be a great adventure for us. It was my boys first time out on a kayak; guides Ross and Doug couldn't have been better! They did an excellent job with my boys, making sure they felt safe and new the rules of kayaking. We saw beautiful sights, had some surprising visits with friends (on the water) and learned about the plants and wild life around us. Can't saw enough great things about Ross, Doug and Coastal Kayak Charters. I would recommend an adventure with them. We will definitely be booking again!

Darcy thank you so much for the great review. We had a blast paddling with your family and would love to have you all out again. We are so glad we could introduce the boys to a new adventure and happy to hear they had a great time. Please give us a call when you are back in town, till then safe travels and happy paddling.... Doug & Ross

Reviewed 2 May 2018

I had a great time on the Coastal Kayak tour of the Shell Key Preserve. The tour leaders were very friendly, knowledgeable and flexible, accommodating each person in the party. The kayaks were stable and easy to paddle; everyone’s safety was of primary concern of the Coastal staff. We observed a mother dolphin with her calf, a flock of friendly cormorants that loved swimming under our kayaks, an osprey, and many other birds. I had a wonderful experience and I have already recommended Coastal Kayak Charters to my friends. Bill

Thank you again for joining us! We always try to make everyone feel safe and comfortable so they are really able to enjoy the trips to the fullest. We have tried to bring our personal and profssional experiences together to offer tours that are both fun and imformative. One of the joys of the job is being able to share this others. We really appreciate you taking the time to write a great review and the recommendations to your friends, we will take good care of them. Thanks again and we hope to see you for another trip....

Reviewed 2 May 2018

This is a wonderful experience in every way - guides, equipment, location, sights. Ross and Brendan are very knowledgeable and personable. They can answer any questions and freely share along the way. We saw six dolphins up close including mating activity and a baby. Other sights - a shark, birds, fish - paddling through mangrove tunnels and open water, So fun to do it all from a kayak! I visit every winter and taking a trip with these guys is one of the highlights each time.

LouAnn we are always happy to recieve that email that says you are coming for a visit. I was excited we were able to do a new trip with you this year and sounds like you loved it! We had a pretty spectacular morning for the paddle and a great group to enjoy it with. Please keep us posted when you are coming down again and enjoy that new kayak this summer... Safe travels and Happy Paddling...