14 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$121
Hotels.comUS$143
Expedia.comUS$143
eDreamsUS$121
Agoda.comUS$121
travelup.comUS$157
PricelineUS$121
All reviews hotel restaurant sauna and steam room huge shower cocina restaurant beautiful hotel our room was spacious ocean view short walk to the beach st augustine augustine beach love this hotel first floor wonderful stay water pressure nice pool historic district lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 November 2020

We stayed here with our two boys on the way to Vero Beach, having fallen in love with St. Augustine on previous trips. The location is ideal, with access to the beach and restaurants. It reminds me of more deluxe accommodations of places I have stayed in Central America, it has a lot of charm.

Though the front desk was not overly warm they were polite. The parking was easy, and the stay was quiet.

We did not utilize the restaurant but the pool area was a hit for our boys and we had a room on the first floor (large) that had easy access to the pool. We felt that their Covid Protocols were enforced and enjoyed it for the one night.

We would stay here and recommend again as a solid, safe, and affortable choice for a family.

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank pvilletraveler
Stacey Leonard, General Manager at Castillo Real An Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2020

Dear pvilletraveler,
Thank you for choosing our boutique for your recent travel needs while visiting the beautiful St. Augustine Beaches. I am pleased to see that our quaint atmosphere met your expectations and we look forward to providing you with the same, great accommodations the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 10 November 2020

My fiancé and I booked a king suite for Friday and Saturday evening 11/6 and 11/7 with a late check in on Friday. We arrived Friday evening about 7pm the lady at the desk was pleasant and checked us in quickly. We made our way to the room. We were ready to have a nice enjoyable weekend. Upon opening the fridge we discovered old food and beer left from prior travelers. I was pretty put off by this. The front desk apologized and offered breakfast which I declined and then offered 10 percent off the room. Which the rate was aprox 200 a night.
The guy came to the room just took the trash. Offered us the beer( we declined) and left. Didn’t really make me feel good but my card was already charged/hold on it.
The following evening after being out all day and tired. Crawled into bed and looked at the ends of the comforter... yellow water like stains on the edge. Like it was on the floor and the tub over flowed to it. I wish I had taken a photo.
That was just the room experience. We smelled cigarette smoke several times on our floor 4th and the lobby near elevators smelled awful. I don’t feel like It was worth what I paid to stay at what was suppose to be an amazing hotel.
Even with 10 percent off.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jayca2029
Stacey Leonard, General Manager at Castillo Real An Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2020

Dear Jayca2029,
Thank you for choosing our boutique and for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that we fell short of meeting your expectations and have personally followed up with the appropriate team members in order to make improvements for our future guest. I can assure you that this is not the typical feedback we receive from our guest and cleanliness is an extremely important part of our experience especially during the current times.

I hope that you will consider returning to us in the future so that we have a chance to provide you with the type of experience you deserve.

Reviewed 5 October 2020 via mobile

Let me start with the positive-large room but not a resort hotel. No blow dryer in room,no regular coffee(they ran out of pods) The receptionist out of the blue said they were following CDC guidelines. I commented that I don’t think it applied to in room hair dryer or lack of regular coffee pods. Let’s face it- you’re paying for the room. Resort hotel? Only because it’s by the beach.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank lorey505
Stacey Leonard, General Manager at Castillo Real An Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2020

Dear lorey505,
I apologize that we fell short of meeting your expectations during your recent stay with us. It is always our goal to provide each and every one of our guest with a magical experience when visiting our beautiful city. Since reopen from Covid, we have implemented several new policies in order to adapt to the current times. Although there is nothing stated in the CDC guidelines pertaining to hair dryers specifically, we have removed them along with other items from our guest rooms in an attempt to keep everyone safe. We have them available upon request in order to ensure they are properly cleaned and sanitized after every use. It has also become increasingly difficult to obtain certain items recently which is a Country wide issue. We are updating policies daily to ensure our guest are still provided with the amenities they expect and deserve. You will be happy to know that we are now serving free coffee daily at the front desk and our in house restaurant, La Cocina, also has cappuccinos available for purchase Tuesday through Sunday.
We ask that you give us another chance in the future to provide you with the type of experience you deserve.

Reviewed 11 September 2020

First of all, this resort was wonderful! We must have come at an off season time because the resort did not have many guests, in fact we had the pool area to ourselves! This hotel is beautiful with a Spanish type decor. Stacey, the General Manager, was fabulous. We got our room at the last minute and she gave us a room on the top floor, balcony, whirlpool tub in the room, and ocean view. I think it was the best room for us! She gave us the room at a big discount which was an extra plus. I work in health care and really needed a break; which was provided! Stacy was always very helpful and courteous. She made the stay even better. This hotel is clean and in a good location, just steps to the beach. The distance to the beach was not bad, about a block away, and you could see the beach from our balcony. It's not a chain type hotel and is definitely a place I would stay and recommend to others. Thank you, Stacy, for making it so relaxing and wonderful!

Room tip: Wonderful Room
Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank mikewenbow
Stacey Leonard, General Manager at Castillo Real An Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2020

Dear mikewenbow,
Thank you for your kind words and for all that you do on a daily basis being in the Health Care field! I am overjoyed that we could be a part of the much needed break and that you found the peace and relaxation you so deserved.
We look forward to providing you the same great accommodations and service the next time you visit our beautiful St. Augustine Beaches.

Reviewed 19 August 2020 via mobile

Thirty-five years ago my husband & I honeymooned in St Augustine, so when Covid hit, we had to scale back our celebration plans. This is a boutique old world Spanish-themed to coordinate with the Oldest City.
PROS: Very Covid conscious and clean. Amazing pool area. Conveniently located in St Augustine Beach. Approx 200 yards from the beach.
CONS-Limited reward-night rooms. Restaurant was closed Monday and rather pricey. Not ocean front, but limited ocean view.
My husband travels for work and has been loyal to the Choice brand (Diamond) reward member. We booked two nights using rewards. When we arrived, there were no upgrades available and we were given a small king room overlooking a parking lot. We returned to the desk and were required to pay cash for a partial beach view king room. We also requested a late check out, and was only granted 1 additional hour.
Though we were disappointed by this, being a brand-loyal guest, we still had an amazing and Covid-safe anniversary trip. THANK YOU Castillo Real.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jammfamjax

Dear Jamfamjax,
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of such a momentous occasion and Happy 35 years!!! I am pleased to see that close proximity to the beautiful St. Augustine beaches as well as the extra precautions taken to keep everyone safe met your expectations and we look forward to celebrating with you again.