1,311 results
All reviews nautical theme dockside grill tiki hut great tiki bar sliding door marina view port charlotte lobby area within walking distance great place to stay corner room front desk staff would highly recommend this hotel hotel restaurant nice location live music watch the sunset
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We had planned to go to north Florida and due to an accident we changed our plans. Just by coincidence we ended up at this hotel and glad we did. From the time Jackson checked us in to happy hour at the tiki bar this hotel was great. The service was outstanding, the front desk staff and bartenders they made sure we had everything we needed. We are already planning our next visit.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Four Points by ... P, Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad you were able to stay with us at the Four Points by Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside. I'm so pleased to hear you were able to enjoy yourselves. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

I travel the world and stay in all types of hotels. I hands-down will say that although the property is nice, clean and a very friendly staff, Jackson at the front desk was proactive, helpful and simply amazing on the service front. I will definitely come back to the Sheraton Four Points in Punta Gorda. I will also comment to the excellent service for breakfast from Brenda. A wow to all!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Jackson & Brenda are both great assets to our team & I will be sure to share your positive remarks with them. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 September 2018

When I arrived at the Four Points hotel, there was a bit of a snafu with my reservation owing to the SPG/Marriott merger. That said, the check in staff were excellent and got things back on track very professionally.

Because of my lifetime Platinum and Premier status, I was upgraded to a corner room, but was immediately disappointed. The corner rooms are touted on the website as something special, and a couple of upgrades over a standard room. But I found the room extremely small and cramped in areas, and the windows weirdly small for a hotel that plays off a harbor view, with poor choices in window furnishings essentially making you pick between no privacy and blackout.

I picked up some shopping from the local store, but when I went to locate the microwave oven, it turns out my upgraded room didn't have one. So I had to wait for one to be delivered, as my frozen items melted.

The Internet wasn't great when I arrived, but as we approached peak evening hours it slowed to below 1 Mbps, which is barely broadband. I couldn't watch Netflix or YouTube, even checking Facebook was all but impossible. I had to burn through cell-phone data just to finish watching my show on Amazon Prime. When I called down to ask about it, I was told that it was working perfectly and then given patronizing advice about rebooting my computer, even though it was clearly a bandwidth issue or a problem with the router closest to my room.

I probably would have put up with my cramped room, the lack of attention to detail such as not bothering to refill the soap containers in the shower. After all, my stay was only for three nights. But with the worthless Internet, and this being a business trip, I could not accept it. So I checked out the next morning.

The excellent front desk guy (the same one who checked me in) apologized and said he would raise the issue with management. But my bill for the room came through a few hours later, no note from management, no adjustment to the bill, no bonus points, no apology. Just the hassle of switching hotels because they couldn't be bothered to provide proper Internet.

The hotel I moved to next door and also part of the Marriott group has Internet that I clocked at 96 Mbps; quite the upgrade. Plus it is brand new and much fresher, so I'm glad I switched hotels. Sad that I had to. How hard is it to provide working Internet in 2018?

Room tip: Beware of the corner rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Four Points by ... P, Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced throughout your stay with us. Your remarks will be shared with the whole team so we can work on rectifying these issues when they arise. We strive to ensure that our guests leave happy & we are upset to hear you left disappointed. We have now upgraded our internet & my hopes are that if you find yourself in the area again you would consider giving our property another try.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Went to TTs Tiki bar with family tonight. Jake took great care of us as soon as we walked in. Very friendly and attentive! Great guy! Awesome atmosphere and fantastic friendly service. Will ask for Jake’s section again

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Glad to hear Jake took good care of you & that you enjoyed yourselves. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Very clean and a friendly staff. Conveniently located by Port Charlotte while we visited a relative. The hot tub was cool and the pool was hot but it was still great. They just need to reverse some wiring or plumbing or whatever. We loved the free bike rentals. Would definitely return.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your positive feed back. We have looked into the issue regarding the temperatures of the pool & hot tub and have since corrected. We hope to see you again!