All reviews front desk lake view small lake punta gorda room was clean great staff complimentary breakfast fort myers great room visit family will stay there again very nice hotel cookies pleasant stay great job breakfast bar easy access
Reviewed 9 November 2018

I received a telephone call from the manager Chris there was an issue with my booking as a diamond member he was very active in handling the situation that was screwed up from the very beginning through Diamond Services Chris made this transition very easy it took quite a bit on Hilton part as far as time however Chris was very adamant about getting my situation resolved he absolutely succeeded and I am very grateful to him and our stay was wonderful thank you Chris and your staff

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Donna B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Roving00006024213,

Wow, what a wonderful review! We truly appreciate your business and your trust in us. I am very happy to hear that not only Chris, but our staff and services met your needs and expectations. I want to thank you for your positive comments regarding Chris and the staff! Please know that I have passed along your praise directly to Chris and the rest of his staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!

Best Regards,
Donna Barr and the Team

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Our room was clean, but when we tried to shower in the morning before the event we had traveled for, we had no hot water. We mentioned this at check out and received an apology. Later we received a phone call accusing us of smoking in the room, which would normally be a $250 charge, but since we had no hot water, they would forgive it. There was absolutely no smoking in that room. Overall, an aggravating experience.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Donna B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear Sherpa51429966404,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I too am very disappointed to hear about your experience and the competence of some of my team members. All your comments are essential and I will use this to further educate our staff about good and bad service. Furthermore I apologize for the phone call you received as that was undeniably the most ridiculous thing I have heard and I have addressed it. Thank you for your understanding about the hot water. I am sorry that the boiler broke down during the evening but everything was up and running by early afternoon. I am very sorry that your stay at the hotel was not up to par and I do hope that you will give us another chance to make this up to you.
I will let housekeeping know that you did appreciate their efforts on cleanliness. Please let me know if you want to discuss this personally.
Thank you for staying with us here at the Hampton Inn by Hilton of Port Charlotte, Florida.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

I stayed for 2 nights for a cycling event and my room had a lake view which was very nice. Staff was very friendly. Had one incident where I was told I couldn't bring my bike in the room but it got resolved. I would stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear 910tanyar,
Thank you for your review. I will let the staff know of your kind words. I apologize that you even had an incident but I am glad it was quickly resolved. The team is always learning and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Port Charlotte, Florida.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us when there are so many choices out there. We appreciate your business and once again look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2018

Few over nights were stayed at this hampHam inn quite a bit of money was also spent, I was rudely treated by a manager type of gentleman. With his behavior it's highly unlikely I will again stay at this koclocatof Hampton inn

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Donna B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Dear Relax0849544647,
Once again let me say I am glad we were able to accommodate your upgrade to our balcony. I am still trying to decipher what you wrote here on TripAdvisor as some of your words are unclear.. I let you stay even after finding the needles and the weed in the room so I don't understand the reason for your inept response.
I will say thank you for choosing us but it might be better to choose another hotel in the future.
Best regards,

Reviewed 31 October 2018

Overall I had a very positive experience, but when I asked if they recycle, I was told they do not. I find this to be extremely irresponsible. I’m trying to be a good steward of this planet - help me, help the world.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Chris B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Dear Scenic48679115779,

Thank you for your review of your time at our hotel. I am sorry for the confusion caused by the team member you spoke to regarding recycling. We do participate in many recycling programs and recycle other items that we can. We are part of the Clean the World initiative through which we donate all left over soap products to be recycled and distributed to the homeless and areas impacted by natural disaster. We recycle all cardboard and metal-type objects no longer in use. We also donate any items that are still usable but no longer by Hilton. Those are usually donated to veteran's nursing homes, women's shelters, and the homeless coalition. Unfortunately, at this time we have no space on the property that we are permitted to put a recycling dumpster so recycling of the smaller items is not something we can currently do. We are working toward that though. We are working with the county zoning in coming up with a solution to this. We are also doing what we can to reduce the amount of waste on property. We are going paperless in our office management as much as we can. We are discontinuing the use of plastic straws and such on property instead opting to use wooden items where able. We too care about the planet, and are doing what we can to improve it for generations to come.